1.0 FTEReason for Recruitment
New PositionPosting Number:
20110125FACJob Description Summary
Are you a Cyber Security professional? The Department of Computer Science in the College of Science, Technology, Mathematics, and Health Sciences (STMHS) at Eastern Oregon University (EOU) is recruiting for a full-time, tenure-track, on-campus Assistant or Associate Professor of Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Science Network Security/Information Security & Computer Science. This will be a key position in the EOU Computer Science Department's new Cyber Security Program which starts Fall Term 2021. Current industry experience is highly valued.
- Candidates are expected to engage in high-impact teaching. EOU is interested in applicants who are committed to assisting our students in reaching their professional goals.
- Appointment begins no sooner than September 16, 2021.
See webpage for full program information: Computer Science Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate classes both in areas of cyber security and in the core computer science curriculum. The candidate will, in collaboration with Department faculty, contribute to enhancing and further developing our programs.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas of specialization: information security, malware analysis, secure software development, ethical hacking and penetration testing as well as required competencies to be able to teach the core computer science courses. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- Teach and/or develop selected courses for EOU's new Cyber Security program as well as our core Computer Science and programs. The individual selected will provide expertise for and assist in program development.
- Engage undergraduate students in research.
- Commitment to collegial collaboration within a small program.
- Committed to ensuring that every student is a full member of the EOU community and that all community members recognize, promote and take advantage of the educational and cultural value of diversity.
- Master's Degree in computer science or information security or a related field from an accredited institution at the time the appointment begins and current industry experience in information security, computer science or a related field;
- Demonstrated experience in the field of cyber security.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level is required.
- Must satisfactorily complete EOU criminal and credential background check. Having a criminal history is not an automatic bar to employment.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Eastern Oregon University will not sponsor applicants for employment visas.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- PhD or ABD in Computer Science or a related field.
- Certifications from SANS, CEH, or Offensive Security.
- Wide variety of industry experience across disciplines.
- Demonstrated formal education or experience in cyber security and programming.
Applicant must provide:
- Letter of application (which should include why this position is attractive to the applicant, outlining the applicant's experience in cyber security (both educational and industry), how it meets the applicant's professional goals, and what attracts the applicant to EOU);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Transcripts (official required only for finalists);
- One-page statement of teaching philosophy.
- A research statement (use Portfolio (document 1) for this submission
Candidates are encouraged to review the values and principles of Eastern Oregon University https://www.eou.edu/institutional-effectiveness/values-and-principles/.
Only complete files of qualified applicants will be reviewed.
Eastern Oregon University - Oregon's Rural University! - is a respected public, higher education institution of academic excellence. Brilliant faculty and staff thrive and together fulfill their career ambitions to serve students from all walks of life.
EOU is a beautiful, quaint campus nestled in a remarkably scenic, high elevation valley populated by wonderful, community-minded citizens that have balanced work-life flexibility. Take a virtual tour of Eastern Oregon University https://www.eou.edu/visitor/.
EOU offers a very attractive package of state public employee benefits including:
- Paid holidays and paid sick time-off
- Individual and Family Healthcare Insurance (95%+ employer-paid medical, dental, vision)
- Generous Oregon Public Employee Retirement System benefits
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Discounted tuition benefits for employees and eligible dependents
- For more details, see Prospective Employees https://www.eou.edu/hr/prospective-employees/.
Eastern Oregon University is an EEO Employer and welcomes applications from women, members of historically underrepresented minority groups, US Veterans, and persons with disabilities. EOU is committed to providing equal opportunity in its recruitment, admissions, educational programs, activities and employment without illegal discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any status as protected by state or federal law. Salary:
Assistant Professor and Associate Professor rank salaries are determined by weighted years of service based upon the faculty union contract, which also provides for a 25% salary offset increase above the salary matrix for computer science faculty.Open Date:
12/09/2020Open Until Filled:
YesFirst Day of Application Review:
03/17/2021Quick Link to Postinghttps://eou.peopleadmin.com/postings/1819
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.