SAS - Assistant Professor of Physics, Department of Biology, Ecology & Conservation
St. George's University invites applicants for a full-time teaching position in the Department of Biology, Ecology, & Conservation within the School of Arts & Sciences beginning 8/1/2021 Objective:
The Department of Biology, Ecology and Conservation at St. George's University invites applications for an Assistant Professor position at St. George's University, in Grenada.
Our mission is to provide students with a quality and comprehensive science education to prepare them for a range of professional endeavors and/or graduate studies. Through provision of an engaging science curriculum that utilizes experiential learning in the laboratory and in the field, we support the development of high-quality scientists and scholars.
- To develop, implement, and promote the highest standards of teaching in biological and physical sciences.
- To develop, implement, and provide a range of dynamic and broad-based General Education courses for all students in the School of Arts and Sciences.
- To facilitate curriculum delivery in Department of Biology, Ecology, and Conservation programs, and Pre-Med/-Vet programs.
Instructional and Departmental Activities:
- Course Director and Instructor for Physics courses, including laboratories offered by the Department of Biology, Ecology and Conservation
- Develop and maintenance of an up to date physics curriculum within the Biology and pre-professional programs (Pre-med and Pre-vet)
- Develop contemporary Physics laboratory classes
- Report student grades to units within the University
- Develop and assess department courses and programs to contribute to curriculum development
- Contribute to new student orientation activities and academic advising
- Advise undergraduate students on Honor's research projects
Research and Scholarly Activities:
- Actively engage in research and scholarly activities in their field of expertise, while involving undergraduate students.
- Preference for applicants that are able to apply Physics to answer biological questions.
- Evidence of successful grant proposal writing would be considered an asset.
Participate in the following University activities:
- University/Senate committees
- Departmental meetings
- Departmental faculty evaluations
- Outreach initiatives in the local community
Any other duties as assigned
- PhD in Physics or related field
- Previous experience teaching in a university setting would be considered an asset
- Must be competent with using current online teaching methods and technologies
- Fluent English in oral and written communication
- A commitment to undergraduate teaching
Work Environment/Physical Demands
* This job involves working in office, classroom, lab and field settings.
* The job will entail frequent use of oral and electronic communication.
* High degree of face-to-face interaction with students and work colleagues
Hours and Travel
* A typical work week is 45 hours Monday through Friday
* Some lectures may occur past 6:00 pm in the evening
* Some travel may be required to attend international conferences and seminars
* Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the core work hours 9 am - 5pm and must work at least 40 hours per week.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a full time position in the Caribbean island of Grenada.
- To ensure full consideration, complete application materials including CV, Cover Letter and names and email address of three references must be submitted.
- Salary is competitive and paid in US dollars.
- Review of applicants will be ongoing until the position is filled.
St. George's University (SGU) is a leading center of international medical education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the island of Grenada, in the West Indies. SGU has helped change lives through its more than 21,000 alumni, which include physicians, veterinarians, scientists, and public health and business professionals across the world.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.