Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Counseling Psychologist I (CP I) for Rutgers Health Services. This position, under the general supervision of the Director of Counseling, ADAP, and Psychiatric Services (CAPS), or designee, offers a full range of professional psychological services for students including triage, crisis intervention, clinical case management and structured group and individual treatment.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Offers prevention, intervention and postvention community based services for faculty, staff and students.
- Collaborates with other professionals in a multi-disciplinary University based mental health service.
- Supports and/or supervises within CAPS clinical training programs including an APA accredited internship in health service psychology.
- Develops and conducts University community based programs to educate and support staff, faculty and students and to decrease the stigma associated with help seeking behavior.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Interest/experience with evidence based, culture-centered, structured treatments for common concerns for University students including: depression, anxiety, affective dysregulation, substance abuse and eating difficulties, etc.
- Familiarity with developmental issues of college students.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and skill in working with diverse students, staff and faculty.
- Must be adept in assessing suicide risk and developing appropriate dispositions and safety plans.
- Must have a proven track record of interest and/or experience in culture centered, structured, mental health care that has relevance for working with a wide range of University students.
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic, maintain and demonstrate a positive attitude and assume accountability for responsibilities.
- Specialized expertise and/or experience in working with Students of Color, the LGBTQ community, first generation or other marginalized populations.
- Demonstrated experience in areas relevant to work with University students seeking mental health care.
- A valid driver’s license is helpful as it may be necessary to travel among Rutgers New Brunswick campuses on occasion.
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered practices anchored in social justice with a focus on equity for students belonging to historically marginalized and underrepresented groups.
- Commitment to dismantling systems and policies that foster systems of inequity and injustice in a clinical setting.
- Experience in applying evidence-based treatments with clients dealing with eating issues/disorders.
- Experience applying evidence-based treatments (e.g. ExRP) with clients dealing with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Apply Here: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/128449
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Rutgers University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com