The analyst will work within the Geologic Mapping Program. We are looking for a
research-oriented analyst with a strong understanding of geologic mapping principals and experience developing and working with digital
geologic maps using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro software. In coordination with staff geologists and our GIS staff, the
analyst's typical duties will include:
- Creating high-quality digital geologic maps that meet the U.S. Geological
Survey's STATEMAP Program digital standards (GeMS-Geologic Mapping Schema).
- Converting legacy geologic maps into modern
- Helping maintain and update regional seamless digital geologic maps and associated data.
maintain, update, and archive geochemical, geochronology, and specimen archive databases associated with the geologic mapping, geologic
hazards, and economic geology programs.
- Working with GIS and other MBMG staff to organize and release geologic maps and associated
data to the public via the MBMG website.
- Helping update and revise best management practices for creating and publishing geologic
maps and associated geologic data.
- Providing services and expertise in areas of GIS for other geologic research projects, including
working with geologists to interpret remote sensing data for geological mapping, fault/landslide investigations, and critical mineral
- Assisting in developing new GIS-based map projects and writing proposals for external funding.
geologists with field work as needed.
- A Bachelor's
of Science (Professional Scientist level) or Master's degree (Assistant Professor level) in GIS, Geography, Geology, or closely
- Demonstrated experience using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and/or ArcGIS Pro, including working knowledge of the Spatial
Analyst, GeoStatistical Analyst, and 3D Analyst extensions.
- 2 or more years post-graduate work experience related to the types of
duties expected of this position.
Research-oriented with a strong
understanding of geologic mapping principals and experience developing and working with digital geologic maps using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and
ArcGIS Pro software.
- Master's degree in GIS, Geography,
Geology, or closely related field
- Experience working with geologic data and databases
- Experience with the U.S. Geological
Survey Map Schema (GeMS)
- Geoscience background
- Experience doing geologic and morphometric interpretations based on remote
sensing data (such as LiDAR, satellite imagery, UAV drone, airborne magnetic data, INSAR)
- Experience working with subsurface
- Experience developing and writing grant proposals
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.