Assistant Professor - Tenure Track - Clinical Practice Coordinator - Clinical Mental Health CounselingPosition Category
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)Summary:
UVU is seeking a Tenure Track Assistant Professor. Under the direction of the department chair and the dean of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Clinical Assistant Professor -Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) will teach a 3/3/1 teaching load on an 11-month contract predominantly in the graduate program with some undergraduate teaching.
This role facilitates the direction of the clinical placement and training of students in the CMHC master's program. This will also include the development of practicum and internship sites, as well as placing students in those sites. Teaching load will include face-to-face, hybrid, and distance education sections. Creates a student-oriented approach to academics and clinical supervision. Plans, develops, and follows an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught. Prepares instructional materials. Supervises individuals and groups in oral, practical, and performance tests. Assists in recruitment, advertisement, and placement of students. Recommends students for advancement and graduation. Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability, attendance, performance, and follow-up. Establishes and maintains office hours and advises students as needed. Assists advisor, department chairperson, faculty, and department staff in maintaining an effective program, serves on committees, and attends meetings as required.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.Required Qualifications:
Masters degree from an accredited institution in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, with 2+ years fully licensed. Supervision experience.
License as a CMHC in the State of Utah.
Knowledge and skill in current instructional strategies, techniques, and discipline content.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in clinical practice as a CMHC.
- Knowledge of placement sites as well as the process of practicum and internship supervision for on-site supervisors.
- Knowledge of the subject matter and course content in clinical mental health counseling and other behavioral science courses at the discretion of the department.
- Knowledge and skill in current instructional theories, strategies, techniques and content.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the process of research, presentation, and publication.
- Knowledge of the principles and methodology of in-person, hybrid, and distance education models.
- Excellent clinical supervision skills.
- Skills in teaching as demonstrated through effective instructional strategies and techniques.
- Skills in maintaining a positive and engaging learning environment for students.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled in time management and organization.
- Ability to develop and coordinate practicum and internship placements.
- Ability to clinically supervise CMHC students in practicum and internship courses.
- Ability to teach CMHC graduate courses in theories and techniques as well as undergraduate courses in the Psychology area.
- Ability to instruct and motivate students, manage classroom procedures, and student learning in traditional, hybrid, and distance learning formats. Ability to apply research while engaging students.
- Ability to develop or adapt new course curriculum
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with faculty, staff and students
PhD in Counselor Education or related fieldPhysical Requirements:
Frequent standing, sitting, and walking; continuous ability to see, hear, and speak/ able to lift up to 10 pounds; frequent fine hand manipulation associated with the use of a computer.Benefits Summary:
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.FLSA:
04/15/2021Review Start Date:
05/15/2021Close Date: Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
For the required documents Other Document #1 & #2, please attach proof of effective teaching which includes student evaluations of teaching and documentation of courses taught and designed.
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date. This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/22115Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.