Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/
. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
Supports the University's mission of providing student-centered, quality education and is committed to the success of our students and the university. This involves teaching effectiveness, professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities, institutional service, professional and community service, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned. Level Scope:
The ideal candidate for the open-level academic rank is someone who has demonstrated achievement in the areas of teaching; research, scholarship, or creative activities; institutional and professional service appropriate to the discipline and depending on level and qualification is eligible for tenure. Essential Functions:
Supports the University's mission of providing student-centered, quality education. Committed to the success of our students and the university. Committed to student learning, retention, persistence, and completion.
Scholarly, creative, or research activities:
Assistant Professors must demonstrate a commitment to their discipline through scholarly and creative activities that fall within Boyer's four types of scholarship: (1) discovering knowledge, (2) integrating knowledge, (3) applying knowledge, and (4) scholarship of teaching.
Each faculty member participates in activities relating to university programs, courses, governance, etc., or community activities which impact on, or are impacted by, the University and which contribute to the growth and development of students, the university and the community. Faculty must demonstrate a commitment to serving Boise State University, his/her profession, and the community. This type of commitment is demonstrated by service to students (such as advising); participation and leadership in department, college, or university committees, the faculty senate, and professional organizations; and, as appropriate to their discipline, affairs of the local, state, or national community.
- Administer an established CAAHEP general sonography program.
- Demonstrate effective teaching.
- Pursue scholarly activities as appropriate for assigned tenure/clinical track position.
- Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation of the educational program.
- Participate in development and implementation of standards for admission, progression, and graduation.
- Participate in the professional mentoring of students.
- Participate in Program, School, College, and University committees and activities.
- Provide relevant professional service and/or medical imaging representation in the community and external to the university, such as in professional associations, boards, journals, etc.
- Apply appropriate policies and regulations within the University, College, and School.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others within the University, the community, and clinical agencies.
- Participate in activities promoting personal and professional educational growth.
- Maintain all health requirements required by school and clinical agencies.
- Appointments are 9 to 10 months, depending on the position and responsibilities. Some evenings/weekends may be included, depending on assigned workload.
*Teaching effectiveness, creative scholarship, and community and University activities are incorporated in the above position responsibilities and are used for annual faculty evaluation and for promotion and tenure. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
In accordance with discipline and departmental standards and expectations
- Demonstrated advanced level of oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet required attendance and submission deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to create, articulate, and assess course learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in creating course materials (syllabus, handouts, presentations, etc.) which enhance student interest and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage effective grading rubrics for consistent and uniform grading results.
- Demonstrated ability to assess student educational goals and to create graduation plans based on those goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective, friendly, and civil working relationships with staff, faculty, students, alumni, guests, and others at the university.
- Demonstrated problem solving and abstract thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work while working independently.
- Demonstrated ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Doctorate required for Tenure track; Master's Degree required for Clinical track.
- RDMS ARDMS or RT(S) ARRT certification.
- Competence in specific clinical practice areas of Abdomen, OB/GYN, and Vascular ultrasound.
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience as a registered sonographer
- A defined area of research and evidence of scholarly dissemination if Tenure track.
Salary and Benefits:
- Prior CAAHEP program administration experience
- RVT, RDCS, RMSKS, Radiography or other medical imaging credentials
- Three years academic teaching experience
- Undergraduate and/or Graduate level teaching experience.
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/. Required Application Materials:
Please apply through Boise State University's Careers website. Include a CV/resume that includes employment history (including dates) and a cover letter that describes your interest and qualifications for the position. Please also include a list of three professional references and their contact information. Please include teaching evaluations demonstrating teaching effectiveness.
There are 3 slots for file uploading of unlimited size. One is reserved for the CV, please condense your remaining materials to accommodate the last 2 upload slots.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.