Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing & MSN ChairJob Summary:
University (HPU) is a private, non-profit institution of approximately 3,500 undergraduate and 800 graduate students. Founded in 1965, it is
Hawai'i's largest private university with its core campus in the heart of Honolulu's business district. The Department of Nursing at HPU is
committed to educating competent and carrying professionals in the practice of health promotion and health care. Graduates are lifelong
practitioners and leaders dedicated to delivery of holistic care in the spirit of Aloha.
The program chair is the chief
administrator carrying out managerial tasks necessary to the functioning of the program and the achievement of the program, college, and
university mission. The program chair assists the college dean with the administration of the academic, curricular, faculty, and student
matters associated with the program. The program chair acts as the representative of and advocate for the program to the University and to
outside constituencies. Program chairs serve 2-year terms with the possibility of renewal. Qualifications:
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, scholarship
- Ability to provide intellectual leadership in the development of faculty and programs
- Advocate of shared
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of learning management systems
- Experience in distance learning pedagogy
- Earned doctorate in nursing (PhD, EdD or DNP) or education or a science related to
nursing from an accredited institution. If doctoral degree is not in nursing must have a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited
- Licensed or eligible for RN licensure in Hawai'i.
- Current board certification in FNP, AGACNP, or PMHNP.
- Regular, Full-time career faculty member at the Associate or Full Professor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, professional demeanor, time and stress management skills
- Ability to
mediate conflict and promote respect and collegiality among faculty
- Master of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited
- Experience in preparing accreditation reports and Board of Nursing Reports
- Experience in curriculum
development and evaluation of programs
- Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN) licensure
- Administrative and teaching experience in
CCNE accredited programs particularly graduate nursing in-person and online program.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Report to work obligations to support the department and
will require work during HPU's summer term as necessary.
- Must meet training and background check qualifications and comply with the
Protection of Minors policy.
- Able to work all shifts and extended hours.
- Upon hire, candidate must have reliable
transportation to all HPU worksites and other locations as required by the position.
- Able to teach classes scheduled during days,
evenings, and weekends.
- Able to teach classes at multiple locations on Oahu.
- Successful candidate will be able to work in
an environment that utilize excellent time and stress management skills.
1. Administrative (40%)
- Administer the MSN program
- Leadership in the MSN program
- Facilitate both short term and long term development of the program
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the program
- Manage delivery of the academic program
- Monitor course registrations and enrollments
course scheduling for the program
- Track full-time faculty course loads
- Help to mediate disputes between program
- Develop and monitor the program budget in tandem with the Dean and Associate Dean
- Ensure accessibility to
students, faculty, and administrators by maintaining a regular presence in the offices
- Oversee and administer regular
reviews-student and peer-of all regular and special appointment faculty and evaluating faculty as part of the reappointment and
- Manage program assessment and program review processes
- Schedule and preside over regular program
- Oversee mentoring of faculty
- Participate in student recruitment and retention activities
internally and externally
- Oversee response to student petitions, degree applications, requests, grade appeals, complaints, etc.
record and resolve or route issues appropriately
- Work collaboratively with department program coordinators/directors to ensure
excellent student experiences (e.g., faculty-led advising and mentoring), curriculum innovation, and community engagement (e.g., Nursing
Advisory Committee, local government, community organizations)
- Serve as liaison working collaboratively with our online
2. Teaching (40%)
- Teaches one or more academic subjects in area of discipline within prescribed
- Prepares and delivers course content to students, whether in the classroom, clinical laboratory, or online.
- Compiles materials for course as needed for readings or assignments.
- Stimulates class discussions.
administers, and grades examinations and other assignments.
3. Scholarship (10%)
- Directs research in particular field of
knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals or presents research in appropriate forums.
- If appropriate, directs
research of other teachers or graduate students working for advanced academic degrees.
4. Service (5%)
- Performs related
duties such as advising students on academic and vocational curricula, acting as advisor to student organizations, mentor students, and
providing office hours for students.
- Serves on faculty, college, or university committees.
- Regular attendance as required
- May provide professional consulting services to external agencies and industries.
5. Performs other related
duties as assigned (5%)
This description is not designed to list all activities, duties or responsibilities which may be required
for this job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned at any time.For more information and to
apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2985093Hawai'i Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to fostering a diverse, equitable environment in which faculty and staff can excel irrespective of race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or any other protected class
covered by state and federal law. Hawai'i Pacific University encourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities. A
pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.