Assistant Professor - Social WorkAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Social WorkProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page "My Experience" has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file. This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts - If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The School of Social Work at Texas A&M University (Commerce, Texas) is seeking applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor to start in the Fall 2021 semester. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Faculty member/teaching, Research/Scholarly Activity and Service
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Teaching courses in social work.
- Course preparation and teaching assigned courses
- Maintain office hours
- Attend meetings
- Mentor/advise students and providing professional development opportunities for community professionals.
- Working collaboratively with faculty and staff
- Providing service to the department, college, and university
- Continual learning to stay current with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
- Required: Ph.D. in social work or related field of study. Master's degree in social work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). At least 2 years of post-master's professional social work practice experiences. Evidence of effective teaching experiences at the Bachelor's of Social Work (BSW) and/or Master's of Social Work (MSW) level. Evidence of research, publications, other scholarly activities appropriate for social work educators.
- Preferred: College or university teaching experience. Evidence of teaching excellence. At least 5 years of post-master's professional social work practice experiences. Prior relevant industry experience. Experience in working on grant-funded projects.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with faculty, staff, and students, as well as people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Ability to work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends as needed. Ability to travel.
- Required Licensing/Professional Certifications: LMSW or LCSW licensing, or eligible. Must obtain within 6 months of employment if not currently licensed.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.