A full-time faculty member, the Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing is primarily
responsible for teaching courses in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program; if the professor has a Doctorate, some of their workload can
be fulfilled by teaching in the Master of Science in Nursing Program online. SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Prepare and teach 33 credit-hours of didactic and clinical nursing courses each academic year.
2. Maintain a minimum of 10 office
house/week; be available to students outside of class and/or
office hours if needed.
3. Mentor and advise students in the Nursing
4. Contribute to the development, maintenance, and evaluation of a successful nursing curriculum.
meetings and serve on University, Faculty, and School Committees; participate in graduations/pinnings and attend scheduled faculty and staff
6. Participate and provide leadership in Professional Organizations and continue Professional Development in areas of
7. Assume other professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the School Dean or VPAA.
8. Foster and maintain
partnerships with regional health care and social services organizations and agencies, civic groups, and academic institutions across
disciplines to promote the development of effective leaders, practitioners, and citizens to advance healthy living within our multicultural
9. Promote relationships with alumni.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and
duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisors.QUALIFICATIONS:
A commitment to and an agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian higher education as
promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and Wayland Baptist University in particular. Academic
1. M.S.N. in Nursing is required.
2. Doctorate is preferred.Experience and
Successful applicants will have the following experience or knowledge:
1. Recent experience teaching nursing
courses in a college or university setting.
2. Preference will be given to applicants with one or more of the following
a. additional coursework or experience in teaching nursing
b. number of years working as a nurse in the clinical
arenaSkills and Abilities:
Successful applicants will have the following skills and abilities:
Fluency in the English language with excellent writing and speaking skills;
2. The ability to manage multiple tasks and
responsibilities with limited direct supervision;
3. Proficiency with computers, technology, and related educational/classroom
4. A strong interest in teaching and leading in the growth and development of undergraduate/graduate students.
ability and desire to apply Christian principles in the workplace.Additional Requirements:
by the Vice President of Academic Affairs
2. Able to pass Background ChecksTHE UNIVERSITY:
Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas/Texas
Baptists. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, ten
external campuses, and the WBUonline Campus offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Interested applicants should follow the application process outlined on the Wayland Baptist University employment website. This can be
accessed directly by clicking the following link: https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/application_information.htm APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Application review will begin February 15, 2021, and will continue until position is filled. CONDITIONS OF
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective
employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish identity and employment eligibility as required by
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle,
have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver's license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.