Administrative Assistant to the Office of the Dean
General Statement of Duties
Provides secretarial, budgetary, and software support services to the administrators, faculty and staff of the School of Pharmacy, and reports to the Dean of the School of Pharmacy.
II. Distinguishing Features of the Position
• Create/maintain professional atmosphere in the School of Pharmacy.
• Supervise appropriate staff and work study students.
• Organize/delegate workload for other staff positions.
• Handle correspondence incoming and outgoing. Schedule appointments
with students, faculty, staff, college personnel, and visitors wanting to meet with
the School's administrators.
• Assist in School committees including dissemination of information and
•Create/manage necessary databases.
•Supply secretarial support to faculty and administrators.
•Plan, coordinate and oversee all major events in the School such as White Coat
Ceremony, Graduation Luncheon, Golf Tournament, Continuing Education, and all others deemed appropriate.\
❖ Budget Administrator Office of the Dean
•Purchase supplies for the School of Pharmacy.
•Maintain the overall budget for the School of Pharmacy's operative budget,
projects and endowed scholarship.
•Create/manage databases to track and predict budget needs and expenditures
for the School.
❖ Software Support
•Provide faculty and student support for cloud-based assessment and course
delivery applications, but not limited to ExamSoft and CORE (and related student
•Provide support for the adaptation of new software packages such as Watermark and Canvas.
•Maintain applications and manage software problems, and act as a liaison between the
School and system consultants.
•Design, implement and generate assessment reports as required by accreditation
standards, internal and external stakeholders, and College reports.
Ill. Examples of Duties (illustrative only)
• Maintain supply inventory
• Pick up incoming mail, open, sort, and disseminate
• Support the creation of course work materials, grants, proposals etc. for the School
• Answer routine inquiries and route technical inquiries to proper persons.
• Prepare and maintain calendar for appointments for the Dean
• Type letters, bulletins, reports, and compose routine memos and letters
• Type purchase requests, (office, lab supplies), faculty reimbursement etc.
• Verify payment of invoices
• Handle maintenance requests (ticket system)
• Type agendas and minutes of designated meetings
• Copy, when necessary, distribute, and post information
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com