We are seeking to fill two tenure track faculty positions in the Department of Plant Sciences and Plant Pathology at Montana State
University - one spring wheat breeder and one winter wheat breeder. Please go to https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/23808
for the full vacancy announcement
and to apply. Applications will be considered for both positions unless you specify otherwise.Duties:
- Directing independent breeding programs, including varietal development and testing.
- Establishing competitive and extramurally
funded research programs with a focus on wheat improvement.
- Publishing scholarly research related to wheat breeding and
- Classroom instruction, advising/training graduate students and undergraduate advising.
- Providing appropriate
public, departmental and university service
- A Ph.D. degree in Plant Breeding,
Genetics, or a related field.
- Experience in field research and design of field experiments.
- Experience in basic and
advanced techniques used in plant breeding and genetics research.
- A record of publication in refereed journals.
- A record
of developing both basic and applied research projects.
- A record of success
and collaboration in plant breeding research.
- Postdoctoral experience in plant genetics, plant breeding, or a related field.
- Teaching experience.
- Experience in writing grant applications and a record of obtaining extramural funds.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.