To learn more about the College of Liberal Arts
and the department of Music
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding teacher-scholar through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They are expected to teach using both in-person and alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth.
The successful candidate will share St. Cloud State's commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU's It's Time
strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system's Equity 2030 initiative.
SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found here
The Department of Music at St. Cloud State University seeks a qualified candidate for a fixed-term position in Music Therapy. The successful candidate will be prepared to teach music therapy and other related courses aligned with program needs and candidate background. They will help establish and build a growing music therapy curriculum, including the supervision of undergraduate music therapy students in clinical experiences; cultivating and maintaining working relationships with community clinical sites; recruiting and advising music therapy majors and post-baccalaureate equivalency students; teaching studio or class instruction in the candidate's primary performance area; and maintain visibility in regional and national professional organizations. They will also teach other music courses as assigned in alignment with the candidate's skills and qualifications and participate in departmental and university committee work. Preferred candidates will also be able to deliver course content in a range of modalities involving distance and online learning.Required Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Music Therapy, Master's Degree in Music Education with a specialization in Music Therapy, or a Master's Degree in a related music or arts therapy field.
- 3-5 years clinical experience, including clinical supervision, in the field of Music Therapy.
- Successful experience instructing, advising, and assessing students at the college level, including experience with course design.
- CBMT Certification.
- Evidence of scholarly activity in the field of Music Therapy.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- PhD in Music Therapy, PhD in Music Education with a specialization in Music Therapy, or a terminal degree in a related music or arts therapy field.
- Demonstrated experience using a variety of instructional technologies and integrating technology into teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated experience teaching online and/or remotely delivered courses.
- Performance experience in the candidate's primary performance area.
Founded in 1869, St. Cloud State is an award-winning regional public university and proud member of the Minnesota State Universities & Colleges system. The 100-acre campus is about an hour northwest of Minneapolis and St. Paul, along the oak-crowned west bank of the Mississippi River. St. Cloud State students prepare for life, work and citizenship by exploring the world around them and making it better. St. Cloud State employees value active and applied learning, community engagement, sustainability, and global and cultural understanding. These commitments complement more than 200 majors, minors and pre-professional programs, 60 graduate programs and 250 student clubs and organizations. St. Cloud State began as a normal school in 1869 and became St. Cloud State Teachers College in 1921. Bachelor's degrees were first offered in 1925. Master's degrees debuted in 1957. In 1975, the institution became St. Cloud State University. In recent years, the University added applied doctoral programs in Higher Education Administration and Educational Administration and Leadership. A diverse mix of students from Midwestern towns and U.S. metropolitan areas are learning alongside more than 1,000 international students from about 80 nations.
Additional information on St. Cloud State University can be found here
Why Work For Us
Help students achieve their educational dreams. We are looking for diverse people with passion, who are engaged, serious in the work of helping those who strive and desire a college education to achieve their goals.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.