Marketing Professor for Department of Business Administration (Tenure-Track)
Averett University is seeking a
full-time marketing professor to lead the undergraduate program in Business Administration: Marketing. The candidate will be expected to
have the following credentials:
- A doctorate (PhD or DBA) in business with at least 18 graduate credit hours in marketing;
persons who are ABD in final stage of degree completion will also be considered.
- Teaching experience, and interest and/or
experience in entrepreneurship is desired. Interest and/or experience as a department chair and/or program director is also welcomed.
- Ability and flexibility to teach in different modalities is expected.
The candidate will be expected to teach at the
undergraduate level initially and eventually at the graduate level in marketing and other related courses. The candidate will be expected to
advise undergraduate students in the four-year undergraduate program, participate in University committees, and other related community
activities in a tenure-track position. The Department is looking for someone with energy and excitement to help expand the marketing
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply only to the following email (firstname.lastname@example.org):
PDF of the following required documents:
- Curriculum Vita
- Letter of Interest
- Professional References
- Background checks are required for all
- An applicant must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.
- Averett University's policies, programs
and activities, including hiring practices, comply with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of
race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression and veteran status.
- Averett University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national
service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Physical & Mental Demands/Work Environment
The duties of
this position require performance of the following activities and work in the described environment, with or without reasonable
- Almost constant interaction with others requiring clear communication (speaking and listening) in person and
- Must be able to work closely with others as part of a team
- Visual and hearing acuity required to perform
assigned work, including conducting meetings, interviews, and presentations as well as using interactive technology
- Some work is
performed while sitting although standing and walking are frequently necessary (programs, tours, events, etc.)
- Ability to lift,
carry or move items of up to 25 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds,
- At times, work may require pushing/pulling, reaching,
bending, twisting, climbing (step ladder or stairs), crouching or use of foot pedals (driving)
- Work uses fine manual dexterity to
use equipment involving levers, buttons, keyboards, and switches as well as frequent handling of small items and paperwork
- Must be
able to change tasks frequently, work an irregular work schedule, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work under time pressure, and work
in a noisy or distracting environment
- On occasion will need to perform tedious and exacting tasks
- At times will need to
use equipment such as telephones, printer, copier, scanner, camera, scissors, stapler, and computer. Will use software including Microsoft
Office, Foxit or Adobe PDF software, and others
- Work environment regularly includes noise/vibration
- Travel and attendance
at events is required frequently within Danville and surrounding area
- Work locations include an office environment and educational
campus settings, both indoor and outdoor
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.