Assistant Professor of Accounting
Elms College located in Chicopee, MA is seeking an Assistant Professor of
Accounting faculty member. This is a full-time, tenure track, Accounting Faculty position reporting to the Chair of the Division of
Business. This faculty position is primarily responsible for traditional and online course development and instruction in the Accounting
Bachelor of Arts Degree at the traditional based campus programs, the online and off-campus degree completion programs, and the Accounting
track in the MBA program. Courses can include, but are not limited to, Accounting I & II, Accounting Capstone, Principles of Financial
Management, Accounting Information Systems, Cost Accounting, Corporate Tax, Audit, Economics I and II.
The faculty member is also
responsible for actively participating in all aspects of college community (teaching, scholarship and service) in alignment with the faculty
handbook and to serve a primary role in the governance and organization of the program including academic planning, curriculum development
and review, student academic advising, and program
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
responsibility for assigned course instruction online, off-campus and on-campus in both undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Facilitates learning and caring environment, which encourages critical thinking, investigation, self-direction, and respect for the
uniqueness of each individual.
- Leads and/or participates in course development, curriculum planning, implementation and
- Completes required CPE and maintains current license.
- Attends Business Club meetings with accounting
- Assists students in finding internships at area local CPA and other firms.
- Helps with Junior Achievement
programs for student volunteers.
- Supports the collection of IACBE results related to the accounting students on campus and
off-campus and assists with IACBE accreditation reporting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and implementation of the general education
- Serves on College committees as appointed or elected.
- Participates in peer, self, and course review.
- Promotes the mission and purposes of the College in various internal and external activities.
- Evaluates student progress and
maintains appropriate records.
- Advises students in course-related matters and makes referrals to appropriate resources.
- Remains current with the trends, issues and practices in the discipline.
- Actively involved in professional development and
- Assists the Chair of the department with administrative tasks as needed and appointed.
in recruitment and retention efforts, specific to the program, as needed.
- Is responsible for performing other duties as
- Contributes to the evaluation of student academic achievement and other evaluative processes of the College.
- Adheres to College and System policies and procedures as indicated in the Faculty Handbook, College policies and in other regulatory
- Upholds, promotes and demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Mission and Core Values (Faith, Community,
Justice, Excellence) the College.
- Doctorate degree (related field) required.
- College level experience teaching finance a plus.
- College-level teaching experience in accounting and experience with web-based
course delivery and instructional technology are highly desirable.
- Learning Management System experience preferred, preferably
- CPA or CMA (current license) with a Master's degree in the accounting field.
- Must have significant
experience in accounting or related field.
- Possess effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
be committed to the concepts of innovation and excellence in education.
- Must maintain active and current memberships in
professional and community organizations.
- Must effectively use Microsoft Office Suite software and possess knowledge of accounting
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience working with a LMS or online-hybrid course delivery and support in higher
- Experience with learning management systems (Moodle preferred), digital-authoring tools, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe
Create Cloud, and Zoom or other collaborative software.
- Experience in the design and development of instructional materials is
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Full-time schedule is on campus
and may include occasional evening appointments.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (writing, speaking), problem solving, and
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as on teams.
- Ability to maintain
confidentiality regarding employee, student/family records and data. Ability to use tack, discretion and diplomacy when providing technical
assistance to faculty, staff and students.
- Criminal background check will be conducted upon hire and on a routine basis
Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for 3 professional references via
email (as Word or PDF attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of
applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Elms College is an Equal Opportunity Educator and
Employer founded in the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph
Elms College is an Equal Opportunity employer. We educate
individuals from diverse communities and cultures, and therefore encourage applications from women, minorities and individuals with a
commitment to enabling the success of underrepresented groups.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.