Adler University is currently seeking a Associate Vice President, Planning & Budgets. Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & Operations (VPFO), the Associate Vice President, Planning & Budgets supports financial planning and oversees budget administration and programming for the University working closely and in collaboration with the AVP, Finance & Accounting to ensure the effective overall operations of the institutions finance function. AVP, Planning & Budgets closely with the VPFO to craft and execute financial strategy for the institution including but not limited to managing the institution's investment portfolio as well as researching and recommending new initiatives in alignment with the institution's mission and strategic priorities and plan. The AVP, Planning & Budgets is a member of the President's Cabinet and provides guidance to the President and members of Senior Management as needed as well as consistently leverages industry knowledge and best practices to promote the university's mission and vision. Supports culture development and management efforts.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in Business Administration, Operations Management, Accounting, Finance, or relevant discipline required.
- Minimum seven (7) years' senior level experience with any combination of overseeing life-cycle budget administration and strategic planning or large-scale process improvement efforts. Of the five years' experience, a minimum of three (3) years should include the oversight of human capital. Higher education or non-profit experience preferred.
- Functional knowledge of GAAP, fund accounting and project management
- Experience with accounting for foreign subsidiary and financial reporting with multiple currencies
- Knowledge of participatory and values-based budgeting processes
- Experience working within dynamic environments with internal and external stakeholders as well as the ability to leverage influence to drive change and influence stakeholders
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations
- Ability to analyze complex business processes
- Knowledge of various financial principles, practices, and applications, including budgeting, financial planning, financial analysis, and financial reporting
- Understanding of principles of finance and banking relationships and investments.
- Strong demonstration of alignment with Adler's social justice mission and vision, and application of social justice into budgetary and financial scenarios
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Work, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the VP, Finance & Operations, collaborates with relevant University leaders to develop short- and long-term strategies and financial plans consistent with the strategic plan and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Leads the development and implementation of operating and capital budgets in support of institutional short- and long-term goals and priorities.
- Measures compliance with approved operating plans and report results to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Present information and report to the finance and audit committees of the board of trustees.
- In collaboration with the Institutional Advancement Office, oversees management of operating, endowment, and investment accounts consistent with donor-required and other fund restrictions.
- Prepares and oversees annual, operating and capital budgets including developing volume projections, expense targets and other financial statement items.
- Develops budget assumptions to be reviewed by the Sr. Management team and Finance committee.
- Prepares mid-year operating and cash forecast reflecting changes to key budget assumptions.
- Works with departmental budget managers, identifying opportunities to achieve and exceed budget targets.
- Participates in month-end closing process.
- Completes the analysis of budget variances and obtains explanations for revenue and operating expense trends.
- Ensures the timely production of recurring and adhoc reports requested by the VP, Finance & Operations.
- Attends meetings of the board of trustees and the finance committee of the board as needed/requested.
- Communicates budget, financial results, and fiscal responsibility to stakeholders across the University.
- Reviews contracts for liability and contractual commitments with the assistance of legal counsel as needed.
- Advises the President and board of trustees regarding the University's fiscal health, sustainability, and growth.
- Other duties as assigned and/or requested.
Adler U Benefits:
Our institution provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time staff/ faculty which includes health, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, EAP, STD/LTD and a 403b retirement plan. Vacation and sick time with 13 paid holidays off included in our PTO compensation package. We embrace and encourage continued education through our Tuition Reimbursement / Professional Development Benefit Program.
COVID-19 considerations: The health and safety of our staff/faculty and their families, as well as our stakeholders, potential candidates, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily be performed remotely. The successful candidate will train and work from home occasionally until such time as it is determined that role will return to the campus full-time.
- Applicants should electronically submit a complete application including: a cover letter addressing qualifications and interests, as well as a resume.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As part of the Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com