SAS - Associate Professor, Finance - Department of Business and Management Studies
St. George's University invites applicants for a full-time teaching position in the Department of Business & Management Studies, beginning 8/1/2021.
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching courses at the Undergraduate and Graduate levels within the Department of Business and Management Studies, School of Arts and Sciences. The successful applicant will report to the Chair of the Department and must be willing to serve on University Committees and partake in Departmental School initiatives as needed.
- Teach courses at the Undergraduate and Graduate level in: Finance, Management other related areas.
- Provide academic advising to Undergraduate and Graduate Students within the Department.
- Supervise Graduate and Ph.D. students with dissertation, capstone projects and papers.
- Serve on University Committees and Sub-Committees
- Attend meetings, functions and other activities related to the position.
- Assist the Department with Accreditation and quality assurance efforts, including actively participating in initiatives as assigned.
- Assist in the development of new courses and programs at the Undergraduate and Graduate level.
- Active engagement and participation in scholarly activity such as: publishing papers, book
- chapters, books and presenting at academic conferences and workshops.
- Other duties related to the position as assigned by the Department Chair and Dean of the School.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of financial and management principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of learning outcomes.
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Familiarity with use of Learning Management Systems (e.g., Sakai, blackboard, Moodle, etc.) desired
- Ability to deliver lectures in person and using online tools such as Zoom classroom.
- Ability to research topics in area or expertise
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Completed Ph.D./Doctorate in Finance, is preferred.
- Applicants at the candidacy stage of their Ph.D./Doctorate, with a master's degree in Finance, professional certifications and extensive experience may also be considered.
- Evidence of ability to publish high quality scholarly work related to the applicant's area of expertise.
- At least 3 years teaching experience of Undergraduate and Graduate level courses in the following areas is preferred:
- Research methods
- Experience with supervising student research projects at the Undergraduate and Graduate level.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This job involves working in office and classroom setting.
- The job will entail frequent use of oral and electronic communication.
- High degree of face-to-face interaction with students and work colleagues
- Work will be mainly indoors in a controlled environment.
Hours and Travel
- A typical work week is approximately 45 hours Monday through Friday
- Some lectures may occur past 6:00 pm in the evening
- Some travel may be required to attend international conferences and seminars
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the core work hours 9 am - 5pm and must work at least 40 hours per week.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a full-time position in the Caribbean island of Grenada.
- To ensure full consideration, complete application materials including CV, Cover Letter and names and email address of three references must be submitted.
- Salary is competitive and paid in US dollars.
- Review of applicants will be ongoing until the position is filled.
St. George's University (SGU) is a leading center of international medical education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the island of Grenada, in the West Indies. SGU has helped change lives through its more than 21,000 alumni, which include physicians, veterinarians, scientists, and public health and business professionals across the world.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.