OCCUPATIONAL THERAPYNumber of hours per week:
Fiscal (12 months)Campus:
Main CampusPosition Number:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.Pay Basis:
The College of Health Science at Tennessee State University seeks applicants for
the position of Department Chair, Occupational Therapy at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor/Professor. This is a full-time
twelve-month tenure-track senior faculty position. Besides being responsible for all administrative functions of the OT department the
successful candidate will also teach courses in the area of their expertise.Minimum Qualifications/Experience
Minimum Qualifications include:
The successful candidate should:
- Must be a board certified and state licensed occupational
therapist or state license eligible
- Must hold a terminal degree, OTD (Post Professional), or related field Ph.D., Ed.D.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years clinical OT experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in OT academia
- Experience in scholarly activities
Special Instructions to
- Possess management skills in the
- Faculty recruitment, review, and development
- Curriculum review and development
- Budget management
- Strategic planning and program evaluation
- Discovering and developing the formation of outside partnerships in the
- Possess solid leadership skills to ensure the continued growth of the OT program
- Possess scholarly
skills in the areas of:
- Grant initiatives
- Engagement in research and fostering faculty and student research
- Successful professional publications and professional presentations
Employment is contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check as mandated by Tennessee State
Official transcripts for positions which require a post-secondary undergraduate degree, advanced degree and/or
certification must be presented upon hire.
An unofficial transcript may be attached in the "Transcript" section.
will be required to provide names and contact information for three references.Requisition Number:
Other DocumentRequired Documents
List of ReferencesBenefits
Tennessee State University offers eligible employees a competitive benefits package that includes annual leave (vacation), sick leave,
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible benefits plans and more.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.