Job type: Full Time
Department: Science Division
Southern Wesleyan University's College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Exercise Science. This is a 9-month tenure-track position in Exercise Science within the Science Division to begin August, 2021. This position is located on campus in Central, SC. The entry level rank of the candidate will be determined by terminal degree, qualifications, and experience. The university is actively seeking to increase the number of women and minorities within its faculty.
- Teach and develop classes in the Exercise Science program. Courses may include Prevention & Treatment of Injuries, Sociology and Sport Psychology, Organization and Administration of Exercise-Related Professions, Legal Aspects, Motor Learning, Science of Personal Training, Emergency Medical Response, or Exercise Science Internship supervision. Nutrition, Exercise Physiology and related courses are possible depending on program needs. SWU faculty carry a 12 credit hour/semester load.
- Program development, student learning outcomes assessment, student recruitment, and advising in the BS in Exercise Science program.
- Demonstrate servant-leadership by engaging in service activities within the university and the larger community.
- Serve on university committees and be actively engaged with the university community.
- A master's degree in Exercise Science or a related field is required; a Ph.D. in Exercise Science or a related field is preferred.
- Experience/interest in Athletic Training, Occupational Therapy, or Physical Therapy with current professional credentials is strongly preferred.
- Experience in or a desire to integrate Christian faith with the teaching and practice of the academic discipline is essential.
- Experience in academic program coordination or potential for implementation and leadership of an academic program(s) preferred.
- SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and familiar with the use of technology within the academic environment including distance learning and learning management systems, web-based programs, and PC applications, including all Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU's unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university's Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. To view the university's profile, visit About SWU.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion of a criminal background screening.
Before You Apply
Applicants should be prepared to provide written responses, as follows:
- Personal Christian testimony
- Personal ministry, church involvement or spiritual growth
- Approach to teaching
- Integration of faith and learning in your teaching
In addition to completion of the online application, be prepared to provide the following digital documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vita
- Unofficial transcripts
- Letters of reference (2 professional)
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.