Professor - Nursing Simulation Coordinator (Winter Haven / Lakeland) (2021053)Job DescriptionAbout the Opportunity:
At Polk State College, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This professional, full time, tenure track faculty position plays a key role in our college and student success. In addition to excellent academic programs, we offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your professional growth and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State
!SOAR, EAGLES!About the Position:
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the primary role of this full time instructional position is to provide college level instruction and instruction-related activities designed to encourage, support and enable students' success. Working for Polk State College, you join a talented and dedicated academic community as they prepare tomorrow's leaders.
Position is for a Full-Time Faculty Professor- (Lab Simulation Coordinator)Essential Functions/Duties:
- Collaborates with faculty to develop, present, evaluate and refine scenarios for simulation experiences, utilizing role playing, props and dialogue to create a realistic learning environment to meet accreditation standards.
- Creates and maintains a respectful and professional working environment, incorporating active learning, reflective thinking, and a confidential debriefing process.
- Consults faculty to continuously updates and refines simulation experiences based on identified needs.
- Serves as a resource for faculty utilizing simulation in classroom/lab activities.
- Collaborates with lab coordinators to maintain the lab inventory.
- Monitors and assures appropriate standards of lab cleanliness, provides for equipment maintenance, repair, and replacement.
- Oversees simulation lab information and technology support.
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment, complies with college health and safety policies, practices, and programs in keeping with occupational health & safety legislation and regulation.
- Models professional standards, including customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, attendance, and related services.
- Performs remediation with students in skills area.
- Works closely with college staff to appropriately integrate lab operations, obtain maximum utilization for the most efficient expenditure, and to moderate student costs.
- Teach courses in accordance with published course descriptions, schedules, procedures and course outlines.
- Work with the campus dean, associate dean, department chairs and other faculty and staff as appropriate to assess and modify course and program goals, objectives, methods and content.
- Conduct on-going evaluation of student progress and maintain records of student course/class performance.
- Prepare and submit grade reports and other reports on student performance as may be scheduled or required.
- Conduct class evaluations and complete other college evaluations in accordance with college policy.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the field.
- Any other duties as may be appropriately assigned or required.
The compensation (pay level) for this position is based upon the degree level attained and years of experience in the specific discipline (Step 10 is the maximum step for an incoming faculty member). Please review the Polk State College Salary Schedule here
to ensure our pay ranges are within your compensation expectations.Required Skills:
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of simulation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of effective communication and of effective instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the characteristics of community college students.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles of simulation curriculum development.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in writing, and orally with a variety of audiences in a variety of settings.
- Ability to make professional judgments within defined parameters of policy and professional standards.
- Ability to prepare and organize simulation laboratory and demonstration materials.
- Ability to understand and utilize advanced technical simlab equipment, and communicate that knowledge to others as appropriate.
- Ability to anticipate and effectively adapt to changes in program requirements and methodology.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
A master's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited (or equivalent) institution of higher education with at least 18 graduate semester credit hours in nursing is required.Preferred Education:
A Doctorate in the field to be taught.Required Experience:
One to three years of experience in simulation and skills lab teaching, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position.
Recent medical-surgical experience
An active, unrestricted Florida RN license is required. Preferred Experience:
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in community or state college teaching and assessment.
Familiarity with distance education delivery methods is desirable.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.Important Information:
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of five (5) documents:
- a cover letter,
- your resume/CV,
- the Polk State electronic job application (eApp) with all sections completed in full,
- unofficial transcripts (with degree and date conferred - see instructions below), and
- a statement of teaching philosophy, not to exceed one double-spaced typed page.
- Background Screening: Reference checks, third-party education verification, and successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment.
- UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS: When uploading unofficial transcripts, please redact any of the following items which appear on the transcript: Social security number, birth date, age, gender, and date of high school graduation. Unofficial transcripts for required degree must contain the date conferred.
- Foreign Transcripts: Faculty with international degrees must have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." Polk State College requires that all international credential evaluations be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). More information about NACES affiliates can be obtained at the NACES website.
- Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
- Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
- This position will close at 8:00 a.m. Friday, April 30, 2021. Applicants will be notified by Human Resources if additional documentation is required.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns, please contact: Valparisa Baker, Chief Diversity Officer (Title IX Coordinator); 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378; email@example.com
.Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu
and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.Company Location:
Lakeland Campus Salary Type:
40,806.32 - 55,765.19 USD Employment Term:
ExemptTo apply, visit https://polkstate-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=1582&company_id=16397&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992431&aid=1
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.