F00037Position Class Type:
ExemptOther Position Information
Kettering University is a national leader in experiential STEM (science, technology, engineering, math and business) education, integrating an intense academic curriculum with applied professional experience. Through this proven approach we inspire students to realize their potential and advance their ideas by combining theory and practice better than any institution in the world. Kettering University is dedicated to achieving the extraordinary through technological innovation, leadership and service, built on values that foster respect, integrity, creativity, collaboration and excellence in growth, global leadership, community outreach and an engaged community of stakeholders.
BENEFITS include health, dental and vision coverage; retirement benefits with up to a 9% Kettering matching contribution; life and accident insurance; tuition assistance and waiver programs; vacation and holiday pay; sick and disability pay; home purchase assistance program; recreation center membership; and many other benefits. Position Status:
Job Specific Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and student learning at the undergraduate and graduate level;
- Record of developing courses, designing curriculum and establishing laboratory activities;
- Record of sponsored scholarship;
- Industrial/Professional experience outside academia in one or more of the following application areas: vehicle electrification systems, robotic systems, mechatronic systems, communications and networking systems, autonomous mobility systems, advanced manufacturing systems;
- Experience working effectively in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering or a closely related field;
- ABD with completion by time of appointment will be considered;
- Experience and expertise in teaching lecture or laboratory courses in more than one of the following areas: vehicle electrification systems, robotic systems, signal processing, communications and networking systems, electronic control systems;
- The ability to teach a wide range of undergraduate lecture and laboratory courses in electrical engineering including; signals and systems, signal processing, communication systems, circuits and electronics, electrical machines, and control systems;
- The ability to teach existing, and develop new, master's level graduate courses in electrical engineering and mobility systems;
- Record of scholarly achievement in electrical engineering and evidence of potential for future achievement;
- Effective written and oral communication skills in the English language;
- Proof of legal authority to work at Kettering University.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding and commitment to Kettering University Values:
: for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity, partnerships with students.
: including accountability, transparency and ethics.
: fostering flexibility and innovation.
: across disciplines and with all partners.
: in all we do. Posting Number:
FP00071Open Until Filled:
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.