|Position Type||Civil Service|
|Classification Title||Events Administrator|
|Position's Functional Title||Events Project Manager|
|Position Start Date|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
Governors State University is seeking to hire an Events Project Manager for the University Events Office (UEO). The University Events Office is dedicated to creating and strengthening support for the university, colleges and departments by providing event management services, and facilitating the effective and efficient use of university resources. The Events Project Manager is an innovative, team-oriented individual who is responsible for assisting and/or leading the planning, staffing, and tactical execution of commencement, administrative, college, alumni and advancement related programs and events. The Events Project Manager should be able to manage others on long-term or short-term timeframe as relevant to each project. The Events Project Manager alongside the Director of UEO is responsible for ensuring a high level and consistent image of the University in all public events. The ideal individual is both diplomatic and innovative, fosters strong and collaborative working relationships, and is familiar with Governors State University’s (GSU) strategic plan.
The Events Project Manager will serve as the key point person for all commencement, university sponsored events, anniversary and milestone celebrations, dedications, groundbreaking, and fundraiser related events, activities, programs and logistics.
• Oversee technical run-throughs and provides a live presence on event dates. Schedules
• Communicate with event sponsors regarding protocol and established procedures. Establish and maintain relationships with all vendors, attend regularly scheduled meetings,
• Collaborate as appropriate with Marketing and Communications team; process and maintain specific information, registration and/or databases; participate in post event wrap up and evaluations, capturing learnings and recommending continuous improvements to events
• Organize and execute administrative aspects of program and/or event operations.
• Perform job-related duties as assigned.
• Stays well informed regarding event management, advancement developments.
• Completes miscellaneous clerical functions, research, reports, and memos as requested.
• Proactive Leader – works well without close supervision and demonstrates initiative.
• Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
Salary Range: $45,006.00 to $56,000.00.
REQUIRED: COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS, WHICH INCLUDES THE EARNED DEGREE AND CONFERRED DATE MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration, Student Affairs, or a closely related field.
2. One (1) year (12 months) of professional work experience in Events Planning, Conference Management, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or any other related field.
3. • Minimum of 2 years of work experience in Higher Education.
• Master’s degree in Event Management, Marketing, Business or Institutional Advancement.
This position will supervise temporary and/or work/study employees.
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Type of Search||External|
|Quicklink for Posting||https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5896|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:1: All College/University Transcripts. 2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details). 3: Cover Letter. 4: Resume. 5: A list of three Professional References (We will only contact your references if you are a finalist).
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS:
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS:
1: Department of Defense – DD214 / DD215
Note: Documentation must be received by the closing date of this posting.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Governors State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Governors State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com