Provide administrative oversight for the School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS) undergraduate programs, with particular attention to student services, accreditation, faculty processes and curriculum.
Students – 30%
- Manage petitions for late course add/drop/withdrawals
- Manage requests for substitutions, pre-requisite waivers, and course overloads
- Mediate disputes (grade appeals, academic dishonesty, student/parental complaints etc.)
- Advise students, resolve advising issues and improve faculty advising procedures
Faculty – 10%
- Coordinate TT faculty evaluation/RPT procedures
- Non-tenure track faculty evaluation
- Orientation/faculty onboarding, in coordination with department chairs/directors
- Faculty support and mentoring
- Resolve faculty conduct issues in consultation with the Dean of SEAS
Curriculum – 25%
- Coordinate curriculum planning and development with department chairs/directors
- Assist in facilitation of assessment and internal and external accreditation acitivites
- Coordinate summer school schedule of offerings
- Resolve curriculum issues
Administration – 25%
- Supervise assigned staff
- Facilitate operations when the Dean is unavailable
- Represent SEAS and coordinate with offices across campus, including Deans and Associate Deans of the other schools/College
- Coordinate recruiting activities (High Schools, Junior Colleges, Preview Day) with internal university offices and external interests
- Coordinate career activities with the SEAS Career & Professional Development representative
- Teach undergraduate courses as assigned by Dean
- Support of adjuncts
*Incumbent may represent department on University-wide committees or projects as
assigned and approved by the Dean.
*Other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the Dean. Will supervise select staff as assigned by the Dean.
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
- Ph.D. in one of the following: Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- A strong teaching and scholarship record
- Tenurable at the rank of associate or full professor in one of the SEAS departments
- 3+ years or more administration experience (department, school/college, university)
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with professional discretion and judgment
- Strong organizational skills to balance multiple and simultaneous priorities
- Interest in student, faculty, and staff well-being / collegiality
- Professional experience / licensure preferred
- 5+ years or more administration experience (department, school/college, university)
- Demonstrated knowledge of ABET accreditation standards
- Experience with government agencies and/or national laboratories, and the ability to acquire/coordinate acquisition of external funding
To apply, please visit our website at www.gonzaga.edu/jobs.
Job Posting: https://gonzaga.peopleadmin.com/postings/15251
Questions about this position may be directed via email to Dr. Karlene A. Hoo, firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled but application review will begin April 30, 2021. For assistance with your online application, please call 509-313-5996.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Gonzaga University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Application review begins 04/30/2021