Prairie View A&M UniversityExtension Agent (CED, Hidalgo County)Job Title
Extension Agent (CED, Hidalgo County)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Adloc Cooperative Extension ProgramsProposed Minimum Salary
Edinburg, TexasJob Type
The Extension Agent, under general supervision, implements, plans, and evaluates educational programs and activities in assigned program areas; Supports and assists in the implementation of educational programs and activities in program areas for which other staff members have assigned leadership responsibilities. The areas of focus are small business development, business contracting, agribusiness development, community resources, business financing, homeownership, or community organization development. The work location for this position is 410 N. 13th Avenue., Edinburg City, TX 78541.Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Regularly delivers Community and Economic Development (CED) community-based educational programs through a wide variety of teaching methods at sites throughout the geographic area served. Provides general assistance to entrepreneurs, small business owners, agri-businesses and land owners on financial resources, business planning, marketing, budgeting, efficient agri-business practices, and business development issues. Provides general information on grant writing procedures and funding agencies available to non-profit organizations.
- Plans and implements appropriate impact evaluations and reports to document program effectiveness. Develops plans of work based on ongoing assessment of community needs. Develops and follow a personal plan for professional development in the area of community resource development.
- Works with county and regional economic development agencies to incorporate local county needs into economic development plans programs, and strategies. Collaborates with non-profit community organizations, agencies, key stakeholders, civic groups, local governments, and other Extension staff in the region to provide a broad array of integrated and multicounty programs. Collaborate with County Extension staff to present a unified and coordinated County Extension program effort.
- Assists in the marketing and promotion of the Community and Economic Development Systems Unit by participating in internet radio blogs on various small business and community topics, mass media interviews (when appropriate) and participating in Extension publications on community and economic development topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline.
- No prior experience required. Positions for designated urban counties require three (3) years of related experience.
Job Posting Close Date:Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Technical competence in appropriate subject matter and the ability to apply this knowledge to the solution of problems.
- Understanding of the learning and development processes of youth and adults. Knowledge of a variety of teaching methods to provide effective learning experiences.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Edinburg--PVAMU/Extension-Agent--CED--Hidalgo-County-_R-036573About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com