Student Services CoordinatorJob ID:
Statesboro, GeorgiaFull/Part Time:
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.Department Information
0430501 - Leadership and Community EngagementJob Summary
Serve as a vital member of the Office of Leadership & Community Engagement. This position provides support for the development of the community engagement program by working with the Alternative Break Board to coordinate and direct planning and implementation of a comprehensive offering of alternative break experiences during semester and spring breaks and serves as a Resident Scholar for at least one break experience each year. This position also develops, establishes and enhances relationships with community partners in order to develop a comprehensive, ongoing re-orientation program to foster extension and expansion of alternative break experiences.Responsibilities
Required Qualifications Educational RequirementsRequired Experience
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Coordinate marketing efforts, including social media and website updates, for the Alternative Break Program
- Represent unit and university at recruitment events
- Maintain partnership with Center for Sustainability
- Coordinate and execute a minimum of 10 events annually
- Assist with Alternative Break operations at the Armstrong Campus
- Serve as liaison to Break Away working with them to stay current on national trends in alternative break programs in order to expand the alternative break program.
- Select, train, and provide oversight to the Alternative Break Board
- Recruit, select, and train student Site Leaders and Resident Scholars to serve in leadership roles
- Ability to build positive relationships both on campus, in the local community, and with off-site community partners
- Teach leadership courses within the office's co-curricular leadership program
- Coordinate assessment efforts for the Alternative Break Program
- Manage the Alternative Break Program budget and coordinate fundraising efforts
- Supervise one graduate assistant
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Three or more years of related work experience which could include professional work experience, graduate assistantship experience, and/or appropriate collegiate experience.
- Master's Degree in Student Affairs/Higher Education or related field
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Program development, implementation, and assessment experience
- Supervisory experience
$28,100 - $34,400Required Documents to Attach
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section on your application.
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Exhibit personal code of ethics within professional practice
- Commitment to the development of academic-residential campus environment through student-centered, collaborative teamwork across academic and Student Affairs units
- Ability to identify and address problems, formulate rules, articulate policies and rules to internal and ' Ability to identify and address problems, formulate rules, articulate policies and rules to internal and external constituents
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Knowledge and effective application of student development and community engagement theories
- Depth of understanding of diversity and inclusiveness and how to communicate it across a broad range of people
Apply Before Date
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective verbal and written communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Problem-solving and team-building experience
April 21, 2021Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
.Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Maintain valid drivers license
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.Other Information
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work in direct contact with a diverse and dynamic student population
- Ability to drive university vehicles
- Occasional travel may be required
Standard and Education Other Information
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=225100&PostingSeq=1Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this and other job openings at Georgia Southern University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com