Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor in its Strategic Communication and
Media Department. Primary duties are to teach undergraduate courses in the in the area of Health Communication, with additional courses in
areas such as integrated marketing communication, public relations, strategic writing, media production, and/or Civil Discourse. Teaching
load is 12 credit hours per semester (4 courses). Faculty members are required by contract to engage in continuing scholarly development and
academic advising, and to perform department and university service. Days and times are variable.
- Doctorate degree in health communication, strategic communication, or a related communication field is required.
- A.B.D. will be considered. Doctorate must be completed by August 2022.
- Minimum of two consecutive years full-time employment in
a health organization in the areas of IMC, PR, or a related strategic communication field is required.
- Successful performance in a
preliminary interview is required.
- Successful performance in an on-campus or virtual interview, including teaching demonstration,
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment and education of diverse populations, including working with
multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women, minorities, the LGBTQIA+ community and
persons with disabilities, is required.
- Individuals with demonstrable
strategic writing expertise and experience in health communication campaign development are preferred.
- Relevant teaching experience
at the university level, with evidence of teaching effectiveness, is preferred.
- Candidates with active research agendas are
- Extra consideration will be given to candidates with additional professional experience in the area of environmental
- Extra consideration will be given to candidates with experience in or, secondarily, interest in curricular or
program development, online course delivery, internship coordination, and advising professionally-related student organizations.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.