Early ChildhoodGeneral Summary:
Use appropriate teaching methods to facilitate student learning for Early Childhood Education courses.
This is a 9-month, tenure track position.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Teaches and supervises a 12-credit course load (undergraduate and graduate level) in Early Childhood Education theory and practice, supporting active engagement and learning in online, video-conference, face to face, and hybrid formats.
- Supervises clinical experiences, face-to-face and/or virtually as needed.
- Develops syllabi, maintain materials, and supplies for the classes assigned.
- Advises students in all ECED for associates, bachelors, and masters level programs.
- Collaborates with colleagues in Early Childhood curriculum development.
- Collaborates with the onsite Child Development Center and Early Childhood Programs. Works closely with local childcare providers, NM PreK classrooms, Head Start and K-3 schools.
- Assists with CAEP and NAEYC accreditation.
- Serves on University, departmental, and other committees,
- Participates in assessment, recruitment, and retention initiatives.
- Provides a broad range of administrative and supervisory functions. Supervises assigned staff in accordance with WNMU personnel practices including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, guidance, etc. Participates in the process of ongoing personal and professional development. Maintains comprehensive communication among all contacts (internal and external). Models professional standards and ethics in accordance with WNMU philosophy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of and experience with multicultural populations is required. Knowledge and experience specific to the complexities of teaching in rural and high-poverty schools including students with high-incidence disabilities, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Knowledgeable about research-based practices for preparing quality professionals who can deliver differentiated core standards-based curriculum to students with varied learning and behavior needs. Experience working in diverse ethno-linguistic environments to promote education change and social justice for the success and empowerment of all learners. Experience in the area of research and assessment of early childhood education programs and interventions. Experience in teaching both online and web-based and instructional television environment. Demonstrated potential for contributions to the advancement of equitable education through research, innovative instruction, program development, and service to the community. Must be able to adapt to instructional needs of the department depending on circumstances. Must be knowledgeable of University policies and procedures. Must be able to handle multiple deadlines and maintain accuracy. Must be sensitive to cultural differences within the University and community. Fluent in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Working Conditions/Physical Demands (With or Without Accommodations): Normal higher education and Early Childhood Program classroom environment. May be required to lift normal office equipment and materials. Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information. Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication. Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions. Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting. Travel is required at both the local, state, and national level. May be required to work additional hours or days depending on circumstances.
Master's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Family Studies or related field with a minimum of five (5) years' experience working in the Early Childhood field. Ph.D. in Early Childhood Education preferred. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.Required Documents:
Cover Letter, Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Sample Assignments, Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial Transcripts, Writing SampleRegular/Temporary:
Full-Time w/BenefitsStarting Rate:
$55,414 w/o terminal degree to $58,331 with terminal degree
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.