Posted Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Ph.D. or DBA
Purpose of Job
Teach the assigned courses at undergraduate and graduate level within faculty
member's sphere of expertise and for which he/she has achieved and established academic qualifications. Participate in faculty activities in
preparation for continued accreditation and generally support the University and school assignments and functions. Complete research leading
to publication in peer reviewed journals.
Scope of Responsibilities
Instruct and facilitate meaningful
learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment, as demonstrated by
university prescribed assessments. Provide education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the
evolving needs of the market place. Encourage a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and
ethics, as well as, personal and professional development.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and teach
accounting classes at undergraduate and graduate level.
- Conduct significant research and publish in peer review journals to
justify graduate faculty designation.
- Serve on School of Business and university wide committees as required.
Provide service and outreach to the community
- Engage in scholarly activity and develop new ideas through research by publishing
in trade journals.
- Participate in professional development activities to remain current in the field.
commitment to teaching, supervision, and advising
- Delivers learning-centered instruction
- Conducts assessments of
student and program learning outcomes
- Advise students
- Twelve hours (12) course load per semester
Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Business Administration-Accounting or related field from an AACSB accredited
school. ABD candidates near completion will also be considered for an Assistant Professor of Accounting.
CPA preferred but not required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Knowledge and ability to teach courses online, using learning management system, knowledge of the subject, skill in delivering the required
knowledge and the ability to engender learning in students. Evidence of teaching excellence within an academic field culturally responsive
to the opportunities and challenges of human differences.
- Communication skills: Clearly conveys information and ideas to others
both verbally and in writing.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Facilitates student success by setting goals and motivating students
to achieve them, handles conflict in a constructive manner.
- Student Focused: Creates and/or implements student-focused processes
- Professionalism: Participates in all activities in a collegial, ethical and responsible manner.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret academic material such as textbooks and journals
- Ability to respond to inquiries from
students, staff and administration in a timely manner as stipulated.
- Academic preparation and credentials to support the
academic qualifications for teaching, research and publication in his/her area of expertise.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.