Clinical Assistant Professor of Education LeadershipAgency
Texas A&M University - San AntonioDepartment
Department Of Educator & Leadership PreparationProposed Minimum Salary
San Antonio, TexasJob Type
The Clinical Assistant Professor includes teaching both lower and upper-division courses in education and upper-division leadership courses. The successful candidate will be broadly trained in education with specialized training in education and instructional leadership. Additionally, a successful candidate will be experienced in the development of leadership curriculum and capable of collaborating across programs. The candidate must be willing to develop a new Master's of Instructional Leadership degree and perform recruiting duties associated with the development of degree. Additional responsibilities include teaching the equivalent of four 3 credit hour courses in education or education leadership during fall and spring semesters. Teaching assignments may include day, night, or weekend classes. Flexible to suit the course schedule. The candidate must be willing to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, and be familiar with the needs of a non-traditional, first-generation, culturally diverse student body. Responsibilities are diverse and general in nature and may reflect more than one functional area.
The College of Education and Human Development (COEHD) at Texas A&M University-San Antonio (A&M-SA) invites applications for a non-tenure track appointment at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor of Education Leadership beginning in Fall 2021.Review of applications will begin one week after posting and will continue until the position is filled.Required Education & Experience:
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Education Leadership ; or, ABD with pending defense.
- A minimum of three years of full-time teaching experience in public schools with specific experience in leadership.
- Full-time teaching experience at the college level.
- Demonstrated experience delivering teacher professional development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- This clinical position requires teaching and service.
- Collaborate with school administrators
- Collaborate with the Department of Educator & Leadership Preparation
- Other service and committee work at the program, department, college, university, community, and profession levels
- Ensure alignment of program operations to the work of the department and college.
- Assess, evaluate, and recommend opportunities for collaboration with partners
- Support broader department initiatives during the academic year.
- Coordinate program initiatives, ensuring unity of focus and purpose.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Strong self-discipline and ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty and students
- Ability to interact with students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to develop capacity in teachers and education leaders to work successfully with students of varied experiences and backgrounds
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, community groups, educators, parents, civic associations and the general public as necessitated by the work
- Knowledge of the design and development of curriculum to support teaching and service.
- Skill in utilizing computer software
- Ability to prepare and maintain required reports and records
- Develop visual aids and other instructional materials to meet specific training need
Finalists will be required to facilitate the submission of three original letters of recommendation to the Search Committee Chair at the address above. The letters should be less than one year old and should bear the writer's actual
Prior to issuing a letter of appointment, official transcripts must be received directly from each degree-granting institution by the Office of the Dean, Texas A&M University-San Antonio, College of Education & Human Development, One University Way, San Antonio, Texas 78224. We cannot accept transcripts issued directly to the candidate. If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
For questions, please contact the following:
Clinical Assistant Professor-Ed. Leadership
c/o Melissa M Jozwiak (e-mail Mjozwiak@tamusa.edu
) Texas A&M University-San Antonio
College of Education and Human Development
One University Way
San Antonio, TX 78224Application Instructions:
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:http://www.tamusa.edu/humanresources/job-opportunities/index.html Summary of Employee Benefits:http://www.tamusa.edu/documents/hr/summary-of-employees-benefits-2019.pdfPlease ensure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. Once application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made.
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.