This is a 12-month full-time, tenure-track,
faculty position. The successful candidate will teach eight courses per year at the Fayette Campus or online that include elementary
education curriculum/methods and Field Experience; help oversee the academic quality of the Teacher Education program; advise and assist
Teacher Education students; and promote the enrollment growth of the program.
Essential Duties Summary
- Teaching undergraduate teacher education courses
- Making recommendations to admit students to
- Supervising pre-service educators engaged in student teaching
- Advising pre-service educators
- Assisting at orientation, new student, visit days, and other recruiting events
- Meeting with prospective students
- Collaborating with adjuncts who teach the same course
B. Scholarly, Artistic and Professional Development
- Spend a
minimum of 40 hours every five years in the field working with students, teachers, and student teachers
- Attend a minimum of one
meeting/conference a year associated with professional development
- Work with members of the Department to maintain State standards
for a pre-service educator preparation program
- Meet regularly with others in the Department teaching the same courses
- University service, to include serving on Departmental, School, and University committees and participating in University
- Professional service, to include collaborating with colleagues in specific field(s) of interest
- Community service,
volunteering and participating in community projects
- Masters degree in
education field required (doctorate in education from a regionally accredited university is required to be earned).
- Possess strong
written and oral communication skills.
- Understand online and face-to-face pedagogy.
- Ability to design and develop course
materials in a learning management system.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Collaborative relationships with all
appropriate internal and external entities to promote a positive student experience.
- Excellent customer service skills: To work
effectively with students, prospective students, faculty, staff and the general public through written and verbal communication.
- Detail oriented and capable of handling multiple duties and tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and problem-solver: exercises
independent judgment in completing daily work with the ability to research daily questions efficiently.
- Positive attitude and
ability to get along well with others
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Earned doctorate in education from a regionally accredited university.
- Work with personal computer, keyboard, and mouse for long periods of time.
- Standing, reaching, and bending to access
- Indoors 95% of the time.
Location: Fayette, IA
Special Conditions for
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Upper Iowa University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Upper Iowa University's policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, furloughs, use of facilities, participation in activities, compensation and training.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.