The Assistant Professor of Education provides instruction, supervises field experiences, and academic advising to undergraduate students.
This faculty appointment includes a full-time teaching load of 24 credit hours per year in addition to office hours, student advising,
university committee work, continuing scholarly activity and opportunities for professional development related to teaching and to the
academic field. The position will start in August 2021 and reports directly to the Chair of the Education Department.
successful candidates will have demonstrated experience, qualifications and abilities, including:
- Earned Ph.D or Ed.D
in Educational Curriculum and Instruction or related field; ABD will be considered.
- Ability to develop curriculum and assess
learning outcomes in social studies and/or science to improve the design and teaching of courses at the undergraduate levels.
- Expressed and demonstrated respect and sensitivity to and understanding of the needs of a diverse student body.
- Knowledge and
evidence of success using formalized academic assessment of learning outcomes for program improvement and student success.
- Experience, knowledge and appreciation for a professional liberal arts mission within a small campus community.
- Community-engaged learning approach (or interest in developing) that builds connections through local partnerships and service learning
- A strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement activities.
to participate in campus responsibilities and activities during the day, evenings, and /or weekends at both on-campus and off-campus
- Ability and flexibility to accept instructional assignments during the day, evenings, and /or weekends.
- Flexibility and willingness to accept summer teaching assignments.
- Commitment and a demonstrated record of academic excellence
with professional and personal integrity.
- Excellent relevant interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem-solving
- A work ethic that promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in a high-energy and
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor along with willingness to contribute ideas and take
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University's core values of integrity, honesty,
humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.