Fairleigh Dickinson University's new online MSW program is seeking qualified candidates to apply for the full-time faculty positions within the department of social work at the rank of assistant, associate, and professor. This ten-month position is responsible for teaching four online courses per semester as well as active involvement with service and research. This position will report to the Program Director of the Social Work program and will be eligible for tenure. This position requires the ability to have an in-person presence on campus, as needed.
1. A master's degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited institution
2. PhD in Social Work, DSW or doctorate in related field; ABD applicants may be considered for this faculty position, given the degree's completion will be within 12 months of the first semester of employment
3. Preference will be given to applicants with two or more years post MSW practice experience
4. Experience teaching within higher education at the faculty rank of assistant professor or higher preferred; preference given to those able to teach across the curriculum
5. Licensed as a Master's level social worker preferred
6. Preference given to those with a demonstrated record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service
7. Interpersonal skills to build and manage partnerships inside and outside the program of social work, the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, and the University at large
8. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with faculty and university administration
9. Familiarity with teaching and delivering content using online modalities
10. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card
Campus: Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.