Tenure Track Assistant Professor of Educational Administration, Department of Education
- Teach 12 credits per semester of graduate educational administrative courses in online, accelerated seven-week terms (2 courses per term)
- Advise students in the educational administration program
- Provide an on-campus presence to meet with and to serve students, and to work with colleagues in the department and across campus to fulfill service roles
- Supervise clinical experiences for students in the educational administration program
- Assist in maintaining compliance with the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction regarding preparation of school administrators
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with area schools, communities, and alumni
- Serve on university committees
- Provide service to the department
- Develop and maintain visibility in the state, region, and nation through participation in professional conferences and other discipline-related and scholarly activities
- Perform other departmental duties as assigned by the department chair
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Earned doctorate in educational administration or closely related field
- Licensure and extended experience (3+ years) as a K-12 principal
- Demonstrated experience working with any of the diverse identities and experiences (cultural, heritage, racial, ethnic, gender, religious, socioeconomic, varying abilities, etc.) representing our campus community
- Experience with online teaching pedagogy and learning management systems
- Active engagement in professional practice with K-12 schools, professional organizations, or other education-related endeavors at the local, state, or national level
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Licensure and extended experience (3+ years) as a K-12 Superintendent and/or Director of Instruction
- Experience with program development and continuous improvement processes
- Demonstrated leadership in local, state, and national professional organizations
- University level teaching experience
- Evidence of research or scholarly activities
SALARY: UW-S offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance coverage for domestic partners and their eligible dependents.
STARTING DATE: August 25, 2021
For additional information visit www.uwsuper.edu or contact (715) 394-8054
APPLICACTION PROCESS: Review of applications will commence at 8:00 AM on Monday, May 31, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Please apply online at UW-Careers (http://www.uwsuper.edu/hr/employment/career-gateway.cfm) and submit your application packet that is:
- Letter of application addressing the qualifications and duties of the position
- A one-page statement of your teaching philosophy and research interests
- Curriculum Vita
- Unofficial transcripts of undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Names and contact information for only three references. (Contact information for less than or more than three references will lead to an incomplete application.)
Internal applicants: select the internal applicant link. Registration for account not required.
External applicants: select the external applicant link and register for an account:
How to Register for a UW-Careers Account:
- To register for a UW-Careers account, click on the click here to Register link to create your user name and password.
- Search for the #21-30 Assistant Professor of Educational Administration position and click on the Apply Now button to submit a resume.
- At this time, you will be asked to complete your profile. Please select Save to continue the application process.
- To submit your letter of application, unofficial transcripts, etc., you must add the document as an attachment by clicking on the Add Attachment link below the Cover Letters and Attachments box.
- Clicking on the Next link, please complete the required Online Questionnaire.
- After the Online Questionnaire has been completed, click Next again to provide contact information for three professional references, if required, in the References section by selecting the Add Reference link.
- Once reference information has been listed, click on Next to complete the How did you find out about the position? section of the application process.
- Once you have completed all sections, click on the Save button and then Submit button to submit your materials.
At any time you may select the Save button to save your progress. When you have submitted your application, ability to change materials submitted will not be available.
If you have questions about the position itself, please contact Search Chair, Dr. Mary E. Lee-Nichols by email at email@example.com
If you have questions about the application process, please contact Michelle Androsky by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.