Adler U is currently seeking an innovative Lead Multimedia Developer for the department of Educational Design & Innovation. Under the general guidance of the Director, Department of Educational Design & Innovation, the Lead Multimedia Developer leverages industry knowledge, and best practices to oversee, create, develop, and/or implement all of the curriculum multimedia needs for Adler. This role also supports the culture development and management efforts in furthering Adler's Social Justice mission.
- A master's degree in Multimedia development or similar field required or the equivalent combination of education, training and professional work experience which comparable skills can be acquired; a minimum of five (5) years as a Multimedia Developer in an online environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience within multimedia development, experience within higher education, preferred.
- Experience within Advanced HTML, CSS, and multimedia applications including Photoshop, HTML5, Dreamweaver, Captivate, and Articulate Storyline, preferred.
- Experience and expertise with video hosting technology and editing software (e.g., Kaltura, Panopto, etc)
- Knowledge of multimedia trends and best practices, particularly within higher education and online learning
- Ability to leverage influence to drive change and influence stakeholders
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise within multimedia content design and development
- Strong demonstration of alignment with Adler's social justice mission and vision
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Work, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee, manage, and supervise the members of the Multimedia team within the Department of Educational Design & Innovation
- Provide multimedia and administrative support for video hosting technology and courses developed and offered by the Department of Educational Design & Innovation
- Design, develop, and support multimedia content in online and hybrid courses
- Contribute and/or coordinate the design and development of online resources to promote effective instruction among faculty members and students. Assisting faculty members in learning, and adopting effective instructional strategies and technological tools to enhance their courses
- Collaborate with other departments to design, create, and manage the coordination of technology recording/broadcasting needs
- Plan, manage, and execute the coordination of technology recording/broadcasting needs for special live event recordings which includes multi-camera setup, live-streaming, recording, webinars, pre & post editing, and screen capturing.
- Manage and supervise work-study students and department assistant.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Educational Design & Innovation.
Adler U Benefits:
Our institution provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time staff/ faculty which includes health, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, EAP, STD/LTD and a 403b retirement plan. Vacation and sick time with 13 paid holidays off included in our PTO compensation package. We embrace and encourage continued education through our Tuition Reimbursement / Professional Development Benefit Program.
COVID-19 considerations: The health and safety of our staff/faculty and their families, as well as our stakeholders, potential candidates, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily be performed remotely. The successful candidate will train and work from home occasionally until such time as it is determined that role will return to the campus full-time.
- Applicants should electronically submit a complete application including: a cover letter addressing qualifications and interests, as well as a resume.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As part of the Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com