Lecturer/ Associate Lecturer, Translating and Interpreting
Job no: 595253
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Categories: Humanities Arts, Education, Teaching and Research
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high- quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role & key responsibilities
- Teaching at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate level.
- Professional activities, scholarship and/or conduct high quality research activities appropriate to the profession or discipline.
- Undertake administration duties, which may include course coordination role or management of a small award program.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Academic Expectations and Development Framework of RMIT Vietnam.
Key selection criteria
- A relevant PhD or equivalent Doctoral qualification
- A Master degree in the relevant discipline; have commenced or enrolled to commence in Doctoral course is preferred.
- 5 years' teaching experience in a university environment
- Proven capability in delivering courses in some of the following fields:
- Intercultural Communication
- Management in multinational organisations
- Linguistics (including Discourse studies, Sociolinguistics, and Language Planning)
- Translating (CAT, Machine translation)
- Interpreting (Consecutive and Simultaneous)
- Experience in preparing and delivering programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery.
- Experience in producing high quality curriculum or program materials
- A recognised research profile with current publications
- Team player
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and information pack below.
JD_Lecturer, Translating & Interpreting.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic updated.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5)
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the 'Apply Now' link. Applications close April 20, 2021.
Application close: 20 Apr 2021 11:55 PM SE Asia Standard Time