Adler University is currently recruiting for a Program Director, for its Masters of Arts in Psychology - Specialization in Military Psychology Program. The Program Director serves as the administrative head of Masters of Arts in Psychology - Specialization in Military Psychology Program. The role leads the program in the development and implementation of its goals within the scope of the larger department and institutional mission and is responsible for the effective operation of the unit. The Program Director provides thought-leadership to the university while leveraging industry knowledge and best practices to promote the social justice focused mission and vision of the Department of Leadership & Applied Psychology, and the institution as a whole.
- Earned doctoral degree in Psychology, Applied Psychology, Military Psychology or a related field from an accredited institution of higher learning, or a related discipline that allows for teaching within the program required.
- Minimum five (5) years professional experience to include demonstrated experience as an administrator in an academic setting with increasing levels of responsibility required. Experience as an administrator or faculty member in an online learning setting preferred.
- Familiarity with regional accreditation and state authorization preferred.
- Experience working with Military and/or Veteran populations.
- Knowledge of and content expertise/competency in diversity, social justice, etc.
- Ability to leverage influence to drive change and influence stakeholders
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Work, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the development, review and implementation of programmatic strategic plans that align with the mission and strategic plan of the department and institution.
- Ensure programmatic compliance of all Adler academic and administrative policies and procedures. Including timely completion of catalog content.
- Encourage and facilitate the development of new academic initiatives and support their implementation.
- Provide final programmatic approval for new/revised courses, program revisions, and new programs and facilitate the process through appropriate committees; review and approve Master Course Syllabus or Master Course Shell for all courses.
- Guide the application for and/or maintenance of any applicable program, regional, state, or provincial accreditation.
- Provide leadership within the program for the Institutional Program Review process and annual program snapshot assessment.
- Ensure the creation, implementation, evaluation, and annual review of each academic program's education outcomes including program outcomes, student learning outcomes and faculty outcomes. Ensure the implementation of programmatic changes identified by this annual review process.
- Ensure timely development of programmatic Student Learning Outcome Assessment Program (SLOAP) reports and other assessment data. Works closely with program faculty to ensure assessment data is utilized to improve curriculum and student learning outcomes.
- Oversee implementation of all programmatic requirements, including practicum, dissertation, and thesis (as applicable).
- Select and evaluate qualified full-time and adjunct faculty members teaching within Program. Provide continuous support for core faculty development. Review course evaluations and provide feedback to all faculty in a timely manner. Meet with core faculty to develop annual load forms and professional goals.
- Schedule courses for the program classes; assign full-time and adjunct faculty to course sections.
- Teach courses within programs at a reduced load given administrative responsibilities.
- Foster communication between meetings. Communicates pertinent information back to the program to ensure compliance with internal and external policies and procedures, provide input regarding recruitment and marketing activities with appropriate support staff.
- Collaborate across the school and community, manage continuous and active linkages across all units of the University. Create and maintain external community linkages to support programmatic goals, collaborate with other program directors in establishing joint programming initiatives. Serve as primary liaison between the program and various faculty and governance bodies.
- Manage programmatic budget, monitor and approve expenditures, develop and maintain timeline for appropriate accreditation/certification cycles.
- Serve as an advocate and manager for programmatic resources.
- Support and monitor student recruitment, marketing, academic advising, and student development.
- Adhere to the principles of academic governance, especially the collaborative development of appropriate governance processes.
COVID-19 considerations: The health and safety of our staff/faculty and their families, as well as our stakeholders, potential candidates, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. Please note this role is location is permanently within an online environment.
Adler U Benefits:
Our institution provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time staff/ faculty which includes health, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, EAP, STD/LTD and a 403b retirement plan. Vacation and sick time with 13 paid holidays off included in our PTO compensation package. We embrace and encourage continued education through our Tuition Reimbursement / Professional Development Benefit Program.
- Applicants should electronically submit a complete application including: a cover letter addressing qualifications and interests, as well as a resume.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As part of the Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com