The Chair of Biomedical education leads a department of scientists as faculty in the medical school. The Chair has leadership skills to establish and maintain a collegial and collaborative work environment for all faculty members. The Chair guides the faculty and also has teaching responsibilities as well.
- Primarily contribute to the teaching responsibilities/assignment of the Department. The amount of teaching will be negotiated annually with the Chair in conjunction with the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and Assessment.
- Plan for, develop pre-work and assessments items and deliver components of the curriculum.
- Work collaboratively with clinical faculty in establishing an aligned curriculum delivery, integrated with clinical scenarios
- Develop Learning Objectives for each session delivered
- Create pre-classroom assignments, such as video recordings, narrated PowerPoints, case based materials and other modalities.
- Develop assessment questions and tools that match the learning objectives
- Participate in Item Writing Workshops to develop test writing skills
- Participate in the interviewing of faculty and student applicants
- Be familiar with, able to participate in and oversee active curriculum delivery models such as TBL.
- Participate in COM and University committees.
- Serve as an advisor for a cohort of medical students regardless of specialty.
- Serve as a Faculty advisor for selected student groups/clubs.
- Collaborate with programmatic assessment and participate in all accreditation and regulatory processes;
- Produce scholarly activities
- Other duties to be assigned as necessary and may change to meet the COM’s needs
View more information here: https://chsu.edu/employment-opportunities/
Apply by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the California Health Sciences University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com