The Rush University Executive Assistant to the President’s office provides comprehensive administrative and management support related to general office operations; internal and external meeting scheduling, organization, and management; special projects and slide deck preparation; complex daily calendaring; meeting agenda and slide deck preparation, confidential correspondence, and event/conference management. The individual must be able to exercise independent judgment and will be familiar with and sensitive to the formal and informal department goals, standards, policies, and procedures. Strong communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple requests and excellent organizational skills are required for this role.
- Represents and maintains the office of the president with dignity and respect.
- Maintains complex appointment schedules and calendaring, including standing and recurrent meetings.
- Serves as the liaison between the president’s office and external partners, alliances, companies, and opportunities.
- Provides proactive preparation and collection/distribution of supporting information on upcoming meetings.
- Creates and maintains updated “at-the-ready” slide decks on a number of universities initiatives.
- Works and coordinates with the University Project Management Office in support of special projects, including, but not limited to, those related to the Institute of Innovation and Discovery, and the Institute of Health Equity
- Participates in preparation and meeting management, including agendas, minutes, presentations, slide decks and documentation of next steps.
- Works with the EA for the office of the provost to coordinate president and provost activities and assure optimal communication and office functionality.
- Creates and edits confidential correspondence.
- Assists with visitors and guests.
- Confirms meeting logistics, including conference room reservations, onsite and remote meetings, audio/visual and IT support, as required.
- Arranges travel - air, hotel, meeting registration, automobile - as needed for senior leadership attendance at conferences.
- Responsible for implementing, organizing, and maintaining master filing system for the president.
- Answers and directs phone calls to proper person and provide assistance as requested or required. May serve as a receiving and triage point for a variety of sensitive/confidential matters, and communication with all levels of employees, including senior leadership.
- Provides event management for a variety of important functions, including but not limited to celebrations, retirements, graduations, and visitor events.
- Rush was recently ranked first for Quality and Accountability among US academic medical centers in a study conducted by the health care performance improvement company Vizient.
- RUMC offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
- Rush University is home to one of the first medical colleges in the Midwest and one of the nation's top-ranked nursing colleges, as well as graduate programs in allied health, health systems management and biomedical research.
- Ranked among the top 20 "Best Places to Work" by Indeed.
- Rush University Medical Center received five stars in a quality rating system by the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Rush University Medical Center is the only five-star academic medical center in the Chicago area.
- Rush has been named one of the 100 Top Hospitals in the country by Truven Health Analytics three times.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To apply, visit the job post link and submit your application: Or, you can visit our career site and search for requisition number 2021-0839.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Rush University Medical Center and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com