Company: Shorter College
Job Title: Director of Student Success
Department: Academic Affairs
Start Date: Upon completion of Drug Test and Background Checks
Location: North Little Rock, AR
Salary Expectations: Commensurate with Experience and Education
Work Schedule: 40 hours a week
SUMMARY AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The Director of Student Success is a full-time professional staff member who reports directly to the Associate Dean of Student Services. This position will closely collaborate with many departments on campus to ensure student retention at the college from receipt of the student deposit until graduation and, subsequently, ensuring that all alumni are productively employed throughout their professional career. In this role the Director of Student Success will develop and implement comprehensive research, communication, and mentoring programs that work cooperatively with students, alumni, and the business community. In addition, this position will manage the Student Success Coaches and Disability Coordinator.
- Develop and implement creative and business-oriented retention strategies to engage students during three distinct phases in the student lifecycle: (1) initial period from receipt of student deposit to arrival for the first day of classes; (2) from the first day of classes until graduation; and, (3) throughout the entire professional career of each alumnus.
- Manages all aspects of the operational functions of new student orientation and transition programs, including event logistics and venue operations
- Monitors the work of Student Success Coaches through close tracking of student progress on their pathway using advising and retention software such as EAB Navigate, and timely reports on caseload management for each coach.
- Ensures the Office of Student Services develops and maintains awareness of all major components of campus life, including curricula, campus calendars, student services, facilities and operations to assist students as their primary contact person at the College.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with students and alumni that lead to the realization of experiential business events; internships and life-long employment.
- Establish and foster relationships with external professional, community, and economic development organizations that allow students and alumni to develop and hone their respective business networking, presentation, and thought-leadership skills.
- With the Director of Career and Placement Services, identify business advisory partnerships to provide business skill training, internships, externships and long-term employment.
- Be available as a resource for Marketing and Communications to share student stories and/or provide ideas on how to increase the volume of qualified student applications.
- Proactively identify, with the Academic Department, at-risk students and implement effective mentoring, advising and "get well" strategies.
- Create and review student survey data and implement recommended areas for improvement.
- Create and implement an effective communication and outreach program for alumni that includes, at a minimum: the identification of open positions within the Little Rock and North Little Rock business network.
- Conduct an annual survey of alumni and provide suggested recommendations for higher levels of.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Master's Degree is preferred
- 5 years of work experience in customer experience, human resources, career services, or a related field; prior experience in a higher education student services setting preferred but not necessary
- 2 years of experience in a leadership role preferably leading professional personnel
- Ability to use software and technology to communicate, and present and report data
- Knowledge of current employment and recruiting trends
- Ability to develop partnerships within a higher education setting and throughout the community
- Experience with event planning/coordination
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with a highly diverse staff and student body
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work nontraditional hours, as necessary, to attend off-campus events
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must have effective communication skills with a proven ability to foster collaborative efforts within a diverse community. Able to use technology to communicate, manage and analyze data.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to effectively present information and address questions from a campus community.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Not Applicable
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in an office environment. Flexible/Adaptable to constant change.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Not Applicable
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or Mail to: 604 Locust Street, North Little Rock AR, 72214
For more information, visit: http://www.shortercollege.edu/human-resources/
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Shorter College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency