IT Systems Engineer
I. JOB SUMMARY
The IT Systems Engineer will demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure, and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, project management skills, or systems engineering and analysis.
II. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with IT Pulse Center team members to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Write and maintain internal policies and procedures pertaining to usage of institutional technology systems
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other departments for problem resolution, project input, and troubleshooting
- Document all pertinent information using the appropriate call-tracking/ticketing system
- Reinforce customer retention through exemplary problem solving and service
III. OTHER JOB DUTIES:
Other duties as assigned
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills; polite and professional demeanor
- Partner with all customers despite varied technical abilities
- Strong mobile device and MDM experience (Android, iPhone, Maas360 or similar MDM, Casper JAMF with Apple Device Manager (DEP or Enterprise)
- Experience with:
- Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365 Administration
- Azure and Windows Active Directory/Azure SSO/ADFS SSO
- Exchange 2016 and below, Exchange Online
- GSuite Administration for Business or Education
- Popular Internet Browsers
- Aruba Wireless Devices/Network
- Firewall Administration for one or more of the following brads: Cisco, DELL, SOPHOS, Fortinet, Juniper, Palo Alto, PfSense
- Problem Solving & Multi-tasking are essential for this role
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows, UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure and AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V)
- Storage Area Network Experience in one or more of the following brands: HP, Nexsan, NetApp, Nimble, Datto
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring systems
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell, Windows/VBA, Cisco/HP/DELL CLI, Linux OS)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
V. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor’s Degree or higher from Accredited College or University OR Equivalent Professional Experience
- 5+ years IT Support and troubleshooting experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Customer Service Skills
- Experience troubleshooting current operating systems
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Hardware – Servers, Switches, Firewalls, Workstations (Windows and iOS), Phones (VOIP and Avaya), Mobile Devices
VI. PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Mental/Visual Demand and Physical Effort
- For normal office environment must be able to lift 50 lbs. from floor level.
- Must be able to lift and manuever normal size full file box for archival purposes.
- Must be able to occasional bend, twist, and stoop.
- Frequent typing of computer keyboard.
Director of Human Resources
I have received a copy of my job description.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com