Prairie View A&M UniversityBuyer IJob Title
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Procurement & Disbursement ServProposed Minimum Salary
$2,964.00 monthlyJob Location
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
The Buyer I, under supervision, performs entry-level, standard purchasing duties with the purpose of obtaining supplies, equipment, and routine services for Prairie View A&M University. Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Issues purchase orders to meet departmental needs for goods and services, according to proper policies and procedures and interprets purchasing procedures to departments and vendors. Maintains all documentation related to procurement process. Exercise sound business judgment in performing all procurement activities, including the preparation and evaluation of solicitations. Negotiates with current and prospective vendors to determine best source suppliers. Establishes specifications, prepares or assists with the preparation of proposals, bids and purchase orders; and ensures proper documentation. Review cooperative contracts and conduct on-going research and strategic sourcing initiatives to improve supplier selection, ensuring best value for the University.
- Establishes and creates partnerships with strategic and preferred suppliers; enhances existing supplier relations. Establishes master agreements by working with departments on identifying opportunities for campus-wide agreements for goods and services. Assesses vendor performance and works with departments and staff to address deficiencies. Provides technical guidance and communicates purchasing procedures and policies to departments, vendors and staff. Assists in the resolution of purchase order / invoice discrepancies and report/audit findings. Ensures compliance with HUB guidelines in processing purchase orders.
- Attains and maintains required certifications and knowledge of PVAMU, TAMUS, and state policies and procedures. Obtains necessary training and professional development. Acts as an agent for PVAMU Procurement Office with state and federal agencies, vendors, TAMUS System Administration, and the campus community. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- No prior experience required.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of standard business terms and arithmetic.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
Job Posting Close Date:Required Attachments:
- Applicants with equivalent experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree may be considered. One year of the related experience is the equivalent of one college year. Applicants being considered for the equivalency must have four years of related experience to meet the equivalency in lieu of a Bachelor's degree plus the minimum required years of experience. Applicants being considered for the equivalency must have a total of four years of experience.
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Buyer-I_R-036110About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com