Bryant University invites applications for an Endowed Professorship in Data Science. Bryant University, a nationally recognized leader in higher education, is a student-centered institution, dedicated to educating and inspiring students to discover their passion, become innovative leaders with character, and make a difference around the world. Our innovative academic programs are attuned to the needs of industry and society. We have approximately 3400 undergraduate students who hail from 38 states and more than 50 countries. We also have approximately 240 full and part-time graduate students.
Bryant University invites applications for an Endowed Professorship in Data Science who will take a leadership role in transforming our undergraduate Data Science program into one of national prominence as demonstrated through national rankings. The Endowed Professor will also lead an interdisciplinary team charged with developing graduate programs in Data Science. Recognizing the multi-disciplinary nature of the discipline, this candidate will coordinate with other departments, across the university, to integrate Data Science throughout the curriculum. It is expected that the candidate will contribute to teaching and research, as well as helping to build/expand our corporate partnerships. Candidates should have a Ph.D degree with demonstrated expertise in Data Science and a dedication to academia.
This is an ideal opportunity for a data scientist who is excited by the possibility of making a significant contribution to a program in its early stages of development.
Position is open immediately. Start date is negotiable.
1. Ph.D. in Data Science or related field from an accredited institution.
2. Demonstrated evidence of ability to produce scholarly work in the field of data science or a related field.
3. Ability to teach upper-level data science-related courses, mentor and advise undergraduate students, and foster excitement in the data science profession.
4. Ability to work cross-departmentally and with a diverse body of scholars across many disciplines.
5. Ability to contribute to a variety of data-science-related areas including machine learning, artificial intelligence, deep learning and big data analytics.
1. Established research portfolio, including demonstrable success with grants.
To receive full consideration, interested persons must apply electronically. Applications should include a letter of application and current vita.
Apply Here: https://employment.bryant.edu/postings/2440
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Bryant University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com