Adler U is currently seeking an experienced senior-level Financial Analyst. Under the AVP of Finance's general direction, the Sr. Financial Analyst creates and manages operating and capital budgets for academic and University-wide administrative units. Helps develop long and short-term financial goals, business strategies/plans, and financial forecasts/models for major service programs and initiatives. Manages quarterly and year-end reporting for the operating budget. The Senior Financial Analyst leverages industry knowledge and best practices to promote the finance department's mission and vision and the institution. Supports culture development and management efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree, required. Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a highly analytical field required. Graduate credential in business analytics, financial analytics, or business intelligence, preferred..
- A minimum five (5) years of experience as a financial analyst or related area, or a graduate credential and three (3) years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in preparing and analyzing financial statements
- Ability to analyze complex business processes
- Ability to leverage influence to drive change and influence stakeholders
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations
- Proven ability to work in a highly diverse environment.
- Knowledge of various financial principles, practices, and applications, including budgeting, financial planning, financial analysis, and financial reporting
- Understanding of principles of finance and banking relationships and investments.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Strong demonstration of alignment with Adler's social justice mission and vision
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
- Ability to take direction and react to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Work, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize financial knowledge, institutional history, and current data to build financial models, analyze data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations to drive improvements and strategic planning
- Manages the process for annual operating/capital budgets for a three-campus, two-country university system. Analyzes budget estimates and proposals for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives. Understands key assumptions and issues
- Monitors budget variances by reviewing reports and accounting records to determine if allocated funds have been spent and work with department to identify underlying business drivers and potential problems
- Creates regular financial models, analyses, reports, forecasts and projections
- Prepares and deploys status reports to key users, providing meaningful information on projects, budgets and budget variances, statistics, and productivity
- Devise financial models and provide analytical support for complex projects
- Develops and maintains key performance indicator reports/dashboards
- Forecase future cash requirements and calculates regulatory metrics
- Produces regular and ad-hoc financial and operating reports with recommendations and findings
- Provides internal financial consulting services and advises on complex or technical economic issues
- Responsible for the analysis of various accounting reports and external comparative studies and benchmarks
- Participates in monthly accounting closing process
- Assess, modify, and develop and implement processes/ procedures / systems to increase efficienct, accuracy, and data analytics insight.
- Participates and provides information for the university audits
- Performs other duties as assigned
COVID-19 considerations: The health and safety of our staff/faculty and their families, as well as our stakeholders, potential candidates, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily be performed remotely. The successful candidate will train and work from home occasionally until such time as it is determined that role will return to the campus full-time.
- Applicants should electronically submit a complete application including: a cover letter addressing qualifications and interests, as well as a resume.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As part of the Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com