Job Description Form
I. JOB SUMMARY
Provides end user technical support for Information Technology throughout the D’Youville network.
II. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Troubleshoots, resolves, and maintains personal computers and mobile devices. Provides some support around servers, AV equipment, smartphones, the phone system, printers, etc.
- Provides end user support of all hardware and software. Assists with telecommunications and audio-visual training and support when needed. Demonstrates knowledge of software applications.
- Sets up and images laptops, PC’s, and mobile devices. Assists with network administration by granting software access and directory rights for users if needed.
- Conducts appropriate one-on-one formal and informal training sessions for computer users; creates learning materials to support training.
- Assists in the implementation of hardware and software applications.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Provides timely, appropriate and knowledgeable responses to end user issues; creates a stress-free atmosphere for users to ask questions and share concerns.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply technology in many different environments.
- Exhibits strong communication skills both within the IT Department and with other departments and at all levels.
III. OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Performs other duties as required.
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Possess critical thinking skills, proficiency in organizing resources and establishing priorities and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to plan and meet both short and long-term goals.
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- The ability and eagerness to promote a team environment by working in a cooperative and collegial manner with others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Must be able to handle diverse work problems on a daily basis with the ability to resolve problems and handle conflict as part of a team.
V. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Associate’s degree in computer science (or related field) preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an end-user support position within a LAN/WAN environment.
VI. PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Mental/Visual Demand and Physical Effort.
- For normal office environment must be able to lift 50lbs from floor level.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver normal size full file box for archival purposes.
- Must be able to occasional bend, twist, and stoop.
- Frequent typing of computer keyboard.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as computer, mobile device, phone,
copier, scanner, printer, or related items.
- May be called upon to work beyond the normal workday.
- Must have good personal hygiene and adhere to corporate dress policy (business casual).
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com