Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$25.48 per hour
Assist the Title IX Coordinator in all major duties, including but not limited to, providing campus direction and guidance to support the coordination and management of the College’s compliance with Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and other related discrimination laws.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of current state and federal law and regulations, institution-specific policies, practices, and procedures identified best practices and trends in the field of education related to sexual assault, sexual harassment, intimate partner violence, stalking and other sexual misconduct practices that violate Title IX.
· Knowledge and understanding regarding the resolution of complaints including informal resolution and formal investigation.
· Ability to listen, identify, elicit, and distill essential information needed to assess and resolve problems and issues.
· Ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituencies and foster effective working relationships.
· Exceptional writing skills, including strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree; at least one to three years of related experience in the public or private sector managing employee/student complaints, claims of sexual misconduct and/or performing investigations of violations of policies.
· Official transcripts are required.
· Experience interpreting and applying complex laws and regulations.
· Frequent travel within the College district is required. Must have valid Texas driver’s license for off-site travel.
· Ability to work outside normal 8:00a – 5:00p work hours, Monday – Friday, if necessary
· ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
· Experience in higher education employee relations or investigations.
· Experience conducting investigations into claims of discrimination and harassment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve in the role of Title IX Coordinator in the absence of the Title IX Coordinator and assist in the development delivery and management of sexual misconduct prevention and awareness training programs.
· Assist Title IX Coordinator and Investigator for related cases, overseeing investigation efforts, ensuring provision of initial remedial actions and case evaluation, tracking compliance timelines for compliance with notice requirements.
· Collaborate with College Title IX Coordinators, Student Services and Human Resources to develop and implement goals, objectives, and priorities for Title IX; actively promote the services provided; review, revise, recommend, and administer related policies and procedures.
· Conduct prompt, equitable and impartial interviews and administrative queries into complaints with identified parties and may serve as a Designated Administrator or Hearing Officer.
· Maintain confidentiality, design, and deliver training programs to all constituencies, build relationships, and balance the multiple, varying and even conflicting interests of diverse stakeholders around the politically charged subject matter.
· As may be necessary, oversee, coordinate, and conduct investigations of reports of sexual misconduct.
· Maintain professional certification through ongoing training and professional development.
· Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Senior Title IX and Equity Compliance Officer
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com