The Nursing and Allied Health Professions division at Harford Community College has vibrant credit and noncredit programs and fourteen full-time faculty. Nursing and Medical Assisting are offered as credit programs and several noncredit programs, including Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician and Histologic Technician.
The Dean of Nursing and Allied Health Professions reports directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and plays an integral role in campus leadership, including serving on the Academic Affairs Leadership Team and Campus Operations Leadership Team. The Dean provides administrative leadership for the division by managing the health profession programs and demonstrating high-level initiative in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the College.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating leadership in assessment and academic planning, while utilizing data analytics for decision making;
- Developing credit and non-credit curriculum via collaboration with faculty on the analysis of needs and delivery of programs and courses including continuing education;
- Overseeing health profession programs including successful accreditation;
- Hiring, supervising, mentoring, evaluating, and fostering professional development for both faculty and staff, and assisting faculty with the promotion and tenure process;
- Overseeing scheduling development by determining student demand for classes and assigning faculty to classes;
- Developing and allocating budgets (both credit and non-credit); and maintaining and managing instructional facilities including classrooms, technology, and learning labs, equipment and supplies, and auxiliary enterprises;
- Promoting the use and development of instructional methodologies including current technology and delivery modes;
- Advocating for students, including processing academic appeals and complaints;
- Supporting student success by recruiting and advising students in programs and promoting proactive retention strategies and interventions;
- Implementing College policies and practices related to faculty, staff, students, and community members;
- Monitoring safety and security risks for students and employees;
- Serving as a liaison to local health care professionals and organizations;
- Developing and maintaining memorandums of understanding (MOUs) and articulation agreements;
- Chairing ad hoc committees, serving on College committees and participating in community outreach and development activities;
- Performing other duties as assigned, including partnership creation and grantsmanship.
This is an exempt, administrator position.
The position requires a minimum of each of the following professional experiences:
- Three years of administrative/management experience in higher education or in the health professions.
- Three years of full-time experience working as a health care professional in a clinical setting.
- Three years of full-time college teaching experience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter addressing the following requirements:
- A strong knowledge of nursing and the health professions, and of higher education
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability with assessment and curriculum development
- Experience with budgeting and grantsmanship
- Experience with accreditation
- Experience mentoring and developing personnel development.
Apply online by March 14, 2021, https://harford.peopleadmin.com/postings/1670 .
Harford Community College is committed to the principles of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of Harford Community College not to discriminate against applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices. HCC is an EEO and ADA/ADAA employer that values, embraces, and supports diversity in the College community.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Harford Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com