Adler U is currently recruiting for a Manager, IT Infrastructure. Under the general guidance of the AVP, Information Technology, the Manager of IT Infrastructure will be accountable for the transformation and management of Adler's infrastructure throughout North America. The Manager of IT Infrastructure oversees our partner ecosystem and internal IT infrastructure team to manage on premises network and cloud infrastructure, information security, 24-hours monitoring and support for all critical university applications, infrastructure, and client computing services; while leveraging industry knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the department of Information Technology and the institution. Supports culture development and management efforts.
The Manager of IT Infrastructure provides thought-leadership and holds responsibility for the continual analysis and evolution of current systems and be expected to provide recommendations based on the review and evaluation of existing and emerging technologies. The Manager of IT Infrastructure will collaborate with IT project management, and support teams to deliver projects as part of the technology organization's objectives of sustainable cost efficiency and improvement of IT services in support of Adler's overall strategic priorities. The role develops and monitors processes, procedures, workflows, and policies in alignment with established University policies and enterprise best-practices (ITIL).
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information systems is required or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience managing and supporting enterprise infrastructure and networked systems.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience leading as an Infrastructure Manager or similar role.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with cloud-based Infrastructure (Azure and/or AWS).
- One of the following certifications (or higher) preferred: MCSE, CCNA, Azure, AWS, ITIL, Six Sigma, PMP
- Commitment to diversity and building an inclusive community.
- Outstanding deductive and investigative skills to identify and diagnose complex, non-intuitive technical problems required.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and a strong technical understanding of enterprise hardware, applications, and networked systems.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience and a positive, customer-friendly attitude.
- Demonstrated experience with PowerShell or other scripting languages and tools to automate repetitive tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with cybersecurity risk management best practices (Microsoft Defender ATP, firewalls, 802.1x authentication, certificate management, VPN, SIEM, MFA, Microsoft 365 DLP policies, least privilege, Bitlocker, etc.)
- Hands-on experience managing and demonstrated excellence troubleshooting across several infrastructure disciplines, including (but not limited to) Microsoft 365, Microsoft Intune, ADFS, Azure AD, Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, DHCP, Windows server operating systems, SAN storage, virtualization (VMware), server hardware, networking, VoIP, security technologies, and monitoring solutions.
- Sound understanding of infrastructure-as-code practices using industry standard tools.
- Sound understanding of infrastructure compliance requirements in a clinical, higher education setting such as FERPA and HIPAA.
- Exercises an advanced level of troubleshooting skills in response to complex problems, questions and inquiries that have been escalated by Service Desk and junior staff.
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations.
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these.
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity.
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the IT infrastructure function, responsible for people management and driving a positive team culture that continually encourages creativity, ownership, and accountability.
- Accountable for the ongoing management, reliability, availability, and performance of Adler's IT infrastructure, ERP and CRM applications and web services including on premises physical and VMWare based virtual servers and cloud services running in Microsoft Azure.
- Manage aggressive systems security operations across technology systems, including malware protection systems, security updates, intrusion detection and prevention, vulnerability testing/mitigation, access control management/auditing, firewall/VPN management, log review, etc.
- Recruit, develop, lead, and retain a high-performing, effective, and diverse team that practices continuous improvement.
- Lead the design, implementation, proactive management, and troubleshooting of technology infrastructure solutions, including but not limited to cloud infrastructure and platforms, applications, data centers, network, telecom, servers, storage, end user devices, management & monitoring solutions.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the administration and configuration of infrastructure services.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of the organization's disaster recovery and business continuity plans for information systems to ensure business risks are addressed within appropriate recovery timeframes.
- Respond to internal and external threats to systems security.
- Promote and advance the automation of our infrastructure services (e.g. PowerShell, CI/CD, etc.).
- Establish partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and vendors to facilitate problem resolution and the identification of opportunities for using technologies to automate and streamline business processes so that they are secure, reliable, efficient, and cost-effective.
- Development of business cases including financial modelling and strategic planning as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned or needed.
COVID-19 considerations: The health and safety of our staff/faculty and their families, as well as our stakeholders, potential candidates, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily be performed remotely. The successful candidate will train and work from home until such time as it is determined that role will return to the campus full-time.
- Applicants should electronically submit a complete application including: a cover letter addressing qualifications and interests, as well as a resume.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of the Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com