Adler U is currently seeking an innovative Associate Director for Student Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives. Under the general direction of the VP, Diversity and Inclusion, the Associate Director for Student Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives oversees, coordinates, monitors and measures a range of programs, services and resources to support the retention and success of students of color across all three campuses positively influences the successful navigation of unique challenges of graduate school and maximizing opportunities.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in counseling, higher education, or related discipline required.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in diversity, student affairs, and or student support services role required.
- Commitment to diversity and building an inclusive community.
- Student-focused approach in service of supporting student retention and degree completion.
- Experience working directly with students of color, first generation students, low income students, LGBTQIA+ students and students with disabilities.
- Strong analytical, assessment and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically and effectively analyze data and implement data-informed decisions
- Ability to leverage influence to drive change and influence stakeholders
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Experience presenting to faculty and staff
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Work, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
- Willingness to work evening and extended hours as needed
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In consultation with the VP, Diversity and Inclusion, informs excellence plans and strategic priorities of the D&I department focused on the specific needs of students of color.
- Identifies and establishes various internal and external facing methodologies for collected information toward determining need including but not limited to holding individual and group student meetings, assessing literature and research, as well as working with relevant community entities.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues across the institution in support of student success including but not limited to Student Affairs, Admissions, etc.
- Serves as subject matter expert and primary contact on available and viable internal (departments and campus resources) and external resources and maintains critical and key relationships toward the optimization of resources.
- Develops and maintains ongoing advising/mentoring relationships with students.
- Presents during major programs and events such as student orientation and Social Justice Practicum orientation.
- Supports the success of student organization programs and meetings.
- Partners with the Admissions department toward attracting and retaining students of color as well as participates in all student recruitment efforts.
- Supports the successful execution of the Diversity Scholars Program.
- Collects and analyzes data and produce reports on student success (e.g., admissions, retention/graduation, diversity) toward driving strategic initiatives and the development of appropriate programs.
- Represents the Center on various committees across the institution.
- Oversees work assignment for select work-study students.
COVID-19 considerations: The health and safety of our staff/faculty and their families, as well as our stakeholders, potential candidates, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily be performed remotely. The successful candidate will train and work from home until such time as it is determined that role will return to the campus full-time.
- Applicants should electronically submit a complete application including: a cover letter addressing qualifications and interests, as well as a resume.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of the Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com