Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Executive Assistant serves as a primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as Secretary to the Board of Directors and liaison to the senior leadership team; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including:
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the President & CEO's schedule is followed and respected.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President and CEO, with Board members, donors, and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives.
- Serves as Secretary to the Board of Directors, taking minutes, keeping all records, and distributing all materials.
- Manages Board of Directors work flow and calendar.
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support.
- Supports the needs of Executive Council Members.
- Works closely and effectively with the President & CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prepares the President & CEO for upcoming meetings as needed.
- Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues & opportunities taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the College, and manages a variety of special projects for the President, many of which will have organizational impact.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members, students, faculty, staff, and all other constituents.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings.
- Master’s degree preferred
- At least five years’ experience in an executive level setting and working directly with board of directors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to develop effective relationships based on empathy and trust.
- Anticipate needs and plan accordingly
- Ability to multi task in high paced environment
- Knowledge of modern office technology
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
3427 North Main Avenue
Scranton, PA 18508
Johnson College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Johnson College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com