Dental Hygiene Instructor, Tenure Track
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada, is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track, Dental Hygiene Instructor. This position is scheduled to begin in August 2021 for the Fall semester and will be responsible for teaching all aspects of Dental Hygiene care.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds. Teaching and workload assignments are scheduled throughout the calendar year, and may require evening and weekend obligations at one or more college locations.
1. Assume direct responsibility for the classroom/clinic environment.
2. Apply teaching techniques effectively in classrooms, laboratory, or clinic setting, utilizing a variety of instructional methodologies.
3. Display knowledge and skill necessary to teach dental hygiene according to the established curriculum at TMCC.
4. Develop, articulate, and teach new courses as required in discipline.
5. Provide leadership in developing new programs and innovative instructional concepts and in meeting the changing needs of students, the department and the community.
6. Develop innovative instructional concepts and techniques to make the class interactive, interesting and the learning exciting.
7. Prepare course outlines, syllabi and instructional materials.
8. Assist second year clinic coordinator in planning and leading calibration activities for clinical faculty.
9. Provide assistance and guidance for part-time faculty.
10. Assist DH Program Director in mentoring part-time faculty.
11. Be involved in student advisement and retention efforts.
12. Participate as Student American Dental Hygiene Association (SADHA) advisor, alternating time with DH full-time faculty.
13. Participate in preparing annual and long-range plans for assigned program.
14. Contribute to budget requests and initiatives for departmental needs.
15. Instruct students using appropriate course outcomes developed by college-wide subject area faculty; assess student performance in these courses.
16. Teach 30 (15/15) credit or contact hours during the academic year.
17. Assist with curriculum review, revision, and develop new course materials and innovative instructional concepts and techniques to facilitate student learning.
18. Demonstrate awareness of diversity issues as they apply to instruction. Maintain sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds as well as disabilities of community college students.
19. Attend and actively participate in non-classroom activities such as College events, staff development, department, and division meetings, college or NSHE committees, and community service activities.
20. Participate in student advisement, recruitment, and retention efforts.
21. Participate in student learning outcomes assessment, including program unit reviews, and serve as the head faculty in courses taught.
22. Annually define long- and short-range professional development goals to remain current in the discipline.
23. Provide professional assistance to staff and students.
24. Comply with departmental administrative responsibilities.
25. Maintain regular office hours in a shared or private office.
26. Communicate and interact effectively with students, staff, and the community.
27. Work in a professional, ethical and collegial manner with faculty and students in the best interests of the college and the people it serves.
28. Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
29. Teach day, evening, and/or weekend classes at one (1) or more college locations as well as online classes.
30. Comply with published college policies and procedures.
31. Other duties as assigned.
Salary Information: Salary placement is dependent on education and experience. This position has been identified as difficult to recruit and is eligible for a non-tenure track zero rank market salary placement. Salaries are subject to any related directives from the Board of Regents and Nevada Legislature.
1. DDS/DMD or Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene from a CODA accredited Dental Hygiene program or school.
2. Master's Degree or currently enrolled in a Master's program from an accredited institution in a related field.
3. Current NV Dental Hygiene/Dental License (or eligible) certified for radiology, local anesthesia, and nitrous-oxide sedation.
1. Three years clinical experience as a licensed dental hygienist.
2. Background in educational theory and practice, methodology and curriculum assessment in an accredited dental hygiene program.
3. Background and/or experience in public health.
4. Previous experience in competency-based learning.
5. Knowledge of dental hygiene curriculum and accreditation standards.
All of the following documents must be attached to this application in order to be given consideration.
As a part of the application process all applicants may be asked via email to provide additional supplemental materials or information as a part of the committee screening process.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Dental-Hygiene-Instructor--Tenure-Track_R0123675-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCC’s five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevada’s growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Truckee Meadows Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency