- **All responsibilities of faculty members at CSU Pueblo are in accordance with the FacultyHandbook. The Faculty Handbook is the authoritative guide on specific requirements with regard to teaching assignments, scholarly activity, research, and service.
The Dean provides leadership and administration to the faculty, staff, and students of the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, fostering excellence in the College’s teaching, research, scholarly and creative activity, and service missions. The Dean is responsible for maintaining academic quality in all academic programs within the College and for investigating new undergraduate and graduate programs especially those building on existing strengths; for maintaining discipline-specific accreditation in music, social work, and other areas where appropriate; for participating in fundraising, outreach, research, and creative activity efforts throughout the community as appropriate; for maintaining and fostering collegial relationships with both campus and community constituents; and for advancing the mission and goals of the College, the University, and the CSU System.
- Provides leadership to the College and serves as a liaison between the Provost and the faculty. Develops goals, objectives, and performance standards for the College that provide excellence in education and meet the vision of the College's future, in collaboration with faculty. Inspires and motivates faculty and students. Communicates the goals of the College and University to staff, students, and community and enlists the support of all groups. Conspicuously present and participating in University and Community Activities. Strengthens relationships with external community and regional partners.
- Communicates University and College policies and procedures to staff and faculty. Formulates and revises policies and procedures that affect the operation and functions of the different College programs, in collaboration with faculty. Ensures adherence to policies and regulations. Provides appropriate guidance and decisions to address personnel concerns, program needs, and student success.
- Oversees and/or approves the development of appropriate and effective schedules of classes and teaching assignments by the departments. Leads the college's academic programs to ensure the highest quality and those graduates are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to be highly successful. Assists in the development and review of the curriculum. Recommends program modifications and degree modifications to the departments. Evaluates programmatic needs as identified by students, staff, and faculty and in response to market opportunities explores the potential for new programs, degree offerings, delivery methods, financial support, and scheduling.
- With the assistance of department chairs, interviews, hires, trains, and assigns work to staff. Evaluates faculty and staff. Recommends tenure, promotion, continuation, or termination of faculty. Resolves personnel issues in accordance with policy and procedure. Recommends disciplinary action to the Provost when appropriate.
- Attends and participates in meetings of the Academic Council, University Leadership Team, and other committees, task forces, and groups as assigned. Collaborates with other Deanson academic policies and procedures, academic concerns and issues, and student retention and recruitment. Works collaboratively with other campus colleges and departments with a specific focus on the Center for Integrated Health and Human Inquiry and other interdisciplinary endeavors.
- Prepares and submits reports and other information in a timely manner as requested. Prepares reports for CCHE and the Board of Governors of the CSU System.
- Develops, tracks, and is responsible for the College's budgets. Develops annual operating budgets and ensures that University Resources are efficiently and effectively allocated and utilized. Monitors and maintains budgetary controls and accountability. Responsible for the effective fiscal management of all budgets including grants.
- Recruits and cultivates new and continuing external donors for annual giving and endowment potential. Identify and support federal and other external grant writing, as well as legislative funding. Identify and pursue funding partnerships with other academic and non-academic partners.
- Models appropriate behavior and mentors faculty and professional staff. Facilitates and approves professional development activities for faculty and staff. Identifies and supports appropriate professional development activities. Determines and develops best practices to attract and retain high-quality faculty and staff members. Provides support and encouragement for scholarly activities. Encourages faculty and staff to apply for grants and submit publications.
- Leads recruitment and retention activities in the College including developing innovative approaches to retain students and ensure they reach graduation in a timely manner. Develops and supports plans for the recruitment of students. Identifies best practices to increase enrollment.
- Supervises advising of both undergraduate and graduate students. Conspicuously present and participating in University and Community Activities.
- Analyzes data from programs to determine student success, identify trends and develop future recruitment and retention plans. Supports and leads department and faculty assessment activities.
- Leads program reviews by gathering data, preparing reports, and evaluating data to determine the effectiveness of the individual and overall programs.
- Ph.D. or terminal degree in one of the disciplines of the College or in a closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated record of successes in increasingly responsible positions.
- Previous experience in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Previous experience developing and reviewing academic programs.
- Five years (5) of experience in leadership and administration at the level of the department chair, associate dean, or dean.
- A distinguished record of success in teaching, research, and service sufficient to warrant appointment as a tenured full professor.
- Three years (3) of experience at a culturally diverse university including interactions with staff, faculty, student body, and community.
- Experience with discipline-specific accreditation processes (e.g. CSWE, NASM).
- Demonstrated leadership style suitable for a culturally diverse staff, faculty, student body, and community.
- Experience with online and distance education programs.
- Experience in strategic planning.
- Strong relationships with community leaders.
- Experience working in a system environment.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in recruitment and retention of faculty, staff, and students.
- Experience in development and fundraising, including a record of successful external competitive grant proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and innovative partnerships with students, alumni, faculty, administrators, and community (including local K12 educators, and industry).
All interested candidates must apply through the on-line application system.
No other format of application materials will be accepted.
Applicants must attach the following documents, in order to be considered for this position:
1. A letter of intent (cover letter)
2. A current resume or CV
3. Unofficial or official transcripts showing degree conferred
4. Three professional references with contact information to the on-line application
Applications submitted without the required attachments above will be considered incomplete and will not move forward in the selection process. Once submitted, applicants will not be able to make changes or add information to their application packet, with the exception of their personal contact and demographic information.
Early submission of application materials is encouraged. Screening of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, though all applications
received by 4 p.m. (MST) on Friday, February 23, 2021, will be given full consideration.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Colorado State University Pueblo and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com